Handmade Blue Frog Pineapple Sopranino - Solid Maple and Sitka Spruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes Blue

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's louder than I expected and there's great separation of tone across the strings, with good sustain. I actually like it so much I wish I could keep one. I'll be making more. This is #1 of a batch of six. Four of them look just like this one, the other two have a tobacco cherry burst finish, I'll be asking a bit more for those. I'll be posting the others soon, after I receive tuners and strings for them.

Bolted neck joint.
Solid maple back, sides, neck. Rustic maple harvested locally, with gray, pink, tan, mineral stains and an occasional hint of a pin knot. It has a light fiddleback figure.
12' radius domed back.
Solid sitka spruce top.
Locally harvested black walnut binding and headstock veneer.
Honduras rosewood bridge and fretboard bound in black walnut.

SOLD!

White fret markers and side dots.
Ebony nut and saddle with intonation set. Nut width = 1 3/8"
Martin strings.
Hand rubbed oil finish.

The uke is very handmade and I left tooling marks in to keep with the rustic feel. If you're a stickler for a pristine finish, this might not be the ukulele for you.

$285.00 includes shipping in the continental U.S.

Thanks for looking,
Vic

Attachments

• sopranino 1-a.jpg
    sopranino 1-a.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 132
  • sopranino 1-b.jpg
    sopranino 1-b.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 103
  • sopranino 1-c.jpg
    sopranino 1-c.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 93
  • sopranino 1-d.jpg
    sopranino 1-d.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 82
  • sopranino 1-e.jpg
    sopranino 1-e.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
So glad to see you (and your ukes) again! I've heard nothing but good about them.

Thanks, Ziret! You've been talking to the right people hahaha. I do try to do my best to create instruments worthy of being in the hands of uke lovers.

This looks lovely!! I wish I had more $$ at the moment.

1. Is that actually a compensated saddle? If yes, WOW.

2. Also, are those friction tuners and if so what type/brand? Same as ones used on the Flea, e.g.?

Thank you.

Last edited:
1. Is that actually a compensated saddle? If yes, WOW.

2. Also, are those friction tuners and if so what type/brand? Same as ones used on the Flea, e.g.?

Thank you.

Yes it's a compensated saddle. The friction tuners are Ping, though the uke is sold. I have 3 more just like it and two with a sunburst finish that'll be up for sale within a few days. I'll be using Grover Champion tuners on those unless someone has a special request.

Thanks so much!
Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom