Pono Slothead Tenor Pro Classic Rosewood/spruce

AetherBlue

Reaction score
20180514_231239.jpg20180514_231345.jpg20180514_231655.jpg20180514_231559.jpg20180514_231330.jpg

Downsizing the collection.
Bought on 11/27/2016.
As the title suggests, this is a pono tenor classic. I've only played a couple times, it's nearly mint. No visible defects, it comes with a humidifier and hardcase. Englmann spruce, Indian rosewood, koa binding, ebony appointments, radius fingerboard. Currently strung with a low-G

Asking price: 500$
Shipping:50$

Only shipping to states within US.

Last edited:
I love my Pono Pro Classic! This seems like a nice price for that. I want to highlight the radius fingerboard. Some folks love that, others don't like it. But there are not many non-custom ukuleles with radius fingerboard so this is a rare commodity. Oh, and Pono charges more for the slot-head. This is a professional-quality instrument with radius fingerboard for only five hunnert bucks. I'm tempted, but my collection is already too bloated.

I have one and it stands out strongly among the crowd of 24 ukes we own. Definitely a very special ukulele that I would never sell. Prospective buyers: This is a GREAT uke. Much more sophisticated sound than my other Ponos - all of which are prized in our home. Tuning it down made it even more stellar.

Mark

I have one and it stands out strongly among the crowd of 24 ukes we own. Definitely a very special ukulele that I would never sell. Prospective buyers: This is a GREAT uke. Much more sophisticated sound than my other Ponos - all of which are prized in our home. Tuning it down made it even more stellar.

Mark

X2- I have the cedar top version. These Pono Pro Classics are lovely instruments..

I hope you don't mind, but I have to comment:
I have the Pono RTC(S)-PC cutaway with Rosewood body with Spruce top. But with a paddle head. It is gorgeous in both looks and sound. Pono no longer makes ukulele instruments that have rosewood in them because of the CITES regulations. A shame, because the rosewood body is beautiful. The spruce top is the perfect match for the body. Spruce vibrates better than almost any other wood. The sound is full, rich and resonates forever. I love mine and would jump on this in a heartbeat if I didn't already own one. It sounds great in both High and Low G. I have mine strung Low-G with Living Waters fluorocarbons.

Here is TheUkuleleSite's description: ...Ko'olau (Pono's parent) has been making ukes for nearly twenty years, showing ukulele enthusiasts around the world the tonal possibilities on this unique little instrument. If you have ever seen Abe Lagrimas Jr. live you will hear what a Spruce Rosewood Ko'olau tenor is capable of. This flagship to the Pono line is a more affordable version of that Ko'olau deluxe. The craftsmanship and tone are right on par with the finest musical instruments being made. This is an excellent choice for the tone conscious musician looking for a serious sound with depth and clarity.

Top Bottom