Season 327 - keep a little marc in your heart

wow. all up to date now, another FANTASTIC day of wonderful marc covers. you're all bringing amazing peformances, i can't decide what i love best, these great songs, or the way you're all bringing them so beautifully! i'm having SUCH a great time with all this! thank you all so much! :rock:

when the red "live" light isn't showing on that previous hawaii lava vid link, you can try this link, this one is live footage as i speak right now

beautiful, amazing, scary and serious stuff going on there in our spiritual ukulele home of hawaii

Ok. I have some bad news. I decided it would be a good idea to bring a John’s Children song penned by Bolan and while lyrically it is one of his more conventional (if not pretty naughty), musically it is TERRIBLE. It is a series of half note bare chords over a song that would have been a fun blues...but as it stands, no good.
As I attempt it, even worse. I offer this as the worst video that will be posted this week.

And some less bad news. I chicken fried the heck out of this, dragged it through a little Cloverdale dirt and I think it might just redeem me for my sins (and my last video). I will let you be the judge.
Boy am I having a bit of fun this week- thanks BEV!

So Rob started us off with an old Bolan demo about our lovely host. Turns out I have the same EP and it's full of songs about her! So i had a go at this one in open G5 (gddg). Couldn't nail those tricky upstrums though.

As it happens Ray Davies was inspired by the ending and reworked into a song he was writing.... nothing ever came of it though.

Well, I suppose that it was to be expected that I'd bring an original to the party. What may not have been expected is that after four years of wearing a goatee beard, I shaved it off for the video and even end the video with a shot of me at my most Marc Bolan(ish) back in my University daze.

My narrator is a huge Marc Bolan fan and in the song he looks back on Marc's influence on his youth. It is only partly autobiographical ;)

Anyway, here is T-Rextasy for you listening pleasure

WOW, another WONDERFUL day in marc-land!!!!! fantastic songs, fantastic performances, more amazing originals - psychedelic hats off to you all, you are all stars in the diamond-studded marc sky! THANK YOU!!!!! :rock:

Just checking things are working again...phew...

I'm still having trouble logging into the site on my laptop, but for some reason my desktop allowed me to sign in. Hopefully UU is getting the technical problems sorted out. In the meantime, this is a collaboration between myself and Jon Duncan (our first). I laid down baritone rhythm and vocal tracks, and Jon sprinkled his magic dust on it and made a very song/artist appropriate video to go along with it ~ Cheers Lynda!

Last edited:
Oh good! A chance to bring this before Marc scares off the internet again. This one just might do it! :biglaugh:

Top Bottom