Ukulele Stores - Europe

UkingViking

Reaction score
Hey UU,

I see that there is a sticky thread listing ukulele stores in the USA.

It would be nice with something similar for Europe, with focus on well reputed dealers with a nice showroom.

I Hope by starting this thread, people will contribute with info on uke shops in their own country. By Uke shop I don't necessarily mean a Uke themed shop, it can be be a general acoustic instrument shop that has a nice showroom with quality ukuleles.

I will start, if someone know danish uke stores that I didn't hear of, please tell me :) :

DENMARK

Akustikken
No high end brands, but Akustikken in Copenhagen has a decent showroom with Kala and Cordoba Ukes.

Wood Sound
In Copenhagen. No ukulele showroom, but they sell Brüko Ukuleles. Perhaps they only have a few models.

4Sound
The Copenhagen branch has mostly cheepos ukuleles, not really interesting.

I think the musical stores are somewhat in a crisis, probably worldwide, but especially in here Europe. Online shops get so many customers.
In my city in Finland I am always glad to visit a local musical stores. Those guys love music and their customer handling is always warm.

Same time, I am not in knowledge of recommending any to ukulele buyers. Concert ukes can be found for sure, which is good for a beginner, but not someones that make nut/bridge adjustments. Except you will be able to get connections to local luthiers from them. So that knowledge is appreciated.

I think Denmark is the same in that regard. Maybe in bigger countries like Germany or England the situation is better.

UK

Main supplier - Southern Ukulele Store - large selection of different makes, from cheap to expensive - seem to know what they are doing. ;)

Others - Omega Music - Eagle Music - both have limited ranges, from cheap to moderate - I've had good service from both.

UK

Main supplier - Southern Ukulele Store - large selection of different makes, from cheap to expensive - seem to know what they are doing. ;)

Others - Omega Music - Eagle Music - both have limited ranges, from cheap to moderate - I've had good service from both.

Surely need to add World of Ukes to that list, Keith, especially as Matt who runs it was the main ukulele guy at Omega for years! He also runs Uke Magazine and a plethora of ukulele events so a definite mention needed:

www.worldofukes.co.uk

I've always had top notch service from Matt and he stocks some really interesting models you don't often see elsewhere.

Top Bottom