New Uke Hanger DIY finally complete!

Bales1983

Reaction score
Well as UAS hit me fast and im now sitting with 11 ukes i decided to knock together a hanging rail for my 6 cheaper knockabouts shaker style!

Had been waiting for a decently priced piece of white oak to come my way and it finally did so today I made this!

Actually the first thing I have ever made by hand in my life so pretty happy with how it turned out.

Now working on plans for one to go above it for my 5 higher quality concert and tenor strummers! (with extra pegs for a few more, just in case of course!)

e014981d-a5d8-4580-861f-11d364206ada.jpg20180521_191800.jpg

Lee

Looks great. Well done!
Jan

Nice job, looks great. If this is the first thing you have ever made by hand you appear to be a natural. Be careful though as wood working is as addictive as ukulele and before you know it you'll be building instruments;)

Great job. Unfortunately it reminds me that I have promised my wife that I would do something similar and I haven’t even started. I like the Shaker pegs, they seem to be good solution.

Well as UAS hit me fast and im now sitting with 11 ukes i decided to knock together a hanging rail for my 6 cheaper knockabouts shaker style!

Had been waiting for a decently priced piece of white oak to come my way and it finally did so today I made this!

Actually the first thing I have ever made by hand in my life so pretty happy with how it turned out.

Now working on plans for one to go above it for my 5 higher quality concert and tenor strummers! (with extra pegs for a few more, just in case of course!)

View attachment 109177View attachment 109178

Lee

Very nice. I like those pegs you chose. I like to keep mine tucked away in their cases to keep them clean.

Yes it wasnt too complicated, stuck to the old adage measure twice cut once, Had to purchase the pegs as I dont have any wood turning equipment. Also got some self adhesive neoprene tape to wrap the peg shafts to add cushioning and grip. Seems safe for uke finish but then my most expensive is only around £150!

Top Bottom