Song Help Request John Denver Uke tabs *help*

kansaman

Reaction score
I'm a beginner and have only been playing for a few months now but seem to be progressing well. I was hoping to find some John Denver songs to play and since I'm new converting isn't in the cards right now.
So I am hoping that some of you might have some tabs you could share with me as I seem to be coming up blank when I'm searching for them. I know the favorites should be available, would love to have the tabs for "Matthew", but that might be a hard one to find.

I thought these songs are normally slow and mellow and would be nice to learn with and sing with, plus, I just like'em alot!

Thanks for any help!

Charles

I'll show my lack of experience here, since these are guitar tabs do they convert to ukulele with no changes at all. Meaning a G is a G regardless of whether you play it on a uke or a guitar?

thanks for the link

I'll show my lack of experience here, since these are guitar tabs do they convert to ukulele with no changes at all. Meaning a G is a G regardless of whether you play it on a uke or a guitar?

Yup.

You'll put your fingers in different spots on guitar to get a G chord, compared to where you put them on a uke. But it's still a G chord and is still made up of the same basic notes.

Well, technically guitar chords (the letter names like "G" or "Em") are the same on either instrument. Guitar tabs (charts with numbers that tell you where to put your fingers on the fretboard) do not convert directly over to the uke.

For some reason people these days are using the two terms interchangeably, but they don't really mean the same thing.

JJ

Last edited:
Yup, if the song calls for G, D, C, G, for example, you play G, D, C, G, regardless of the instrument you're playing.

Top Bottom