Removing adhesive marks or stickers

Misguided Musician

Reaction score
I just got a new guitar. Well almost new. The problem is I have adhesive marks on the back. i thought of using acetone to remove it but I'm not sure if that would damage the finish. Anyone know if acetoner would effect the finish? if it does, what other way is there to remove the marks?

Is there too much on it for just water and a good old elbow grease?

I"ve heard peppermint oil or lemon oil works well, and i've also heard that product called "goo gone" won't damage the finish in any way.

I use goo gone. It's pretty mild. Thin adhesive marks come off very easily. For the thicker marks, put a little on, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, remove the top layer, repeat the process until it is gone. Take your time, don't get anxious and expect it to take the thicker marks in one pass. Use a clean, soft cloth, like an old white T-shirt. Let the goo gone do it's job and not your elbow...thanks,....e.lo...

wd-40 works but you have to clean it afterwards with some strong dishwashing liquid and it smells for a couple days . this also works to take off tint from your car windows.

wd-40 works but you have to clean it afterwards with some strong dishwashing liquid and it smells for a couple days . this also works to take off tint from your car windows.

i never knew it took tint off. thats cool.

Simple way is to use spray furniture polish. Spray a tiny spot onto a soft cloth (wrapped around a finger), and rub very gently with that. It gets the sticky label residue off anything... fast.

Top Bottom