Ukulele World Record - London

Looked like an awesome day!

Do Europeans view the ukulele with greater respect than most Americans? I still find people who think it's just a novelty item and I always have to explain to them that it's an instrument, not just some toy. Or is that incident common in the EU as well.

Get over to London!!!

Guy's thanks so much for all the comments. Uke's are big news in London at the moment. I've been to a couple of uke themed gigs recently and they're packed. Geniune interest but it still isn't seen as a proper instrument.

I'd love to be to see some of the seriously talented ukulele player like James Hill, Aldrine Guerrero or Jake Shimabukuro play in London. Some friends of mine do the Black Cab Sessions for artists in the UK. Check out the link. Great to see some heavy wait uke players on there too.

http://www.blackcabsessions.com/

Come and see us in London soon. The weathers can be cold and grey, but there's always a party!

Massive love to all at Ukulele Underground.

Ben

It was on the 20th June - you shoulda been there then we would have had 852 !!
Anyway, the world record is ours (at least until August grrr !!)

Why, what's happening in August?

Well either way London's got the record for now :D

It was on the 20th June - you shoulda been there then we would have had 852 !!
Anyway, the world record is ours (at least until August grrr !!)

I was in Liverpool that weekend. My nephew just HAD to have his 3rd birthday then. It was nice being up there actually since I haven't been for a while.

Plus I got to have Sayers toast, and get a couple of pictures of some Super Lamb Bananas in the city centre so was happy :D

Top Bottom