Is there anything Moore Bettah than this uke?

beautiful, you lucky dog you!

Wow, what a beautiful ukulele!. I love the head stock design too! Very artfully done. It makes me want to have him make one for me too!! I am not the tiki type, but a tree or a waterfall, or moon/ stars/ mountains...

–Lori

Oh I need to tell you Spooner, the transmission on my car went out this morning and I won't be able to make it to the post office to ship your uke for another couple of weeks........Sorry about that.

Brutal! Poor Spooner's probably booking a flight as I type :D

Oh I need to tell you Spooner, the transmission on my car went out this morning and I won't be able to make it to the post office to ship your uke for another couple of weeks........Sorry about that.
One thing I wanted to clear up, the black bridge patch doesn't have anything to do with the pickup. It's something I learned from David Hurd (Ukuleles by Kawika) in Hilo who builds (or used to) a wonderful sounding ukulele. It's a bias ply carbon fiber sheet that is .030" thick, feathered at its' edges. It's extremely light and stiff for it's size and I've used it on all my ukes for the last year. I have great respect for lutherie tradition but at the same time I never shy away from trying something new.

I'll be right over. Set an extra plate for dinner :p

Ya know...I had a feeling that comment would come back and bite me in the butt. Hey...I took a shot. :biglaugh:
After looking at it further (after I posted) it did look a little further from where the bridge would be. All of this carbon talk makes me think of:

SoloCarbon.jpg

Spooner,
I have to confess, I've handled your uke:eek:. Dropped in on the Moore Bettah workshop this weekend and had the priveledge of seeing your uke, just about built, with my own eyes. Dude, I'm glad you gave praise where praise was due. I have been saying for a while that Mr. Moore and his little shop in Opihikao is one of Hawaii's best kept secrets when it comes to ukuleles, well, no longer a secret I guess huh?

The uke is simply amazing. The pictures say it all, I don' t need to say anymore except that seeing it in person is even better. Spooner, I know you will love this uke. I didn't get to play it, but can only imagine the sweet sound of this uke. In a few days, another UU member will be posting pics of his uke, I'll comment on that one since I was able to play it.

Chuck is definitely an artist and artist work best when you give them the freedom to pour their creative juices into their work. It takes a bit of trust, but in Moore's work, trust should never be an issue.

BTW, got my wood selected, now the wait, tic, toc, tic, toc.

Define..."handled." :p

I have no doubt that I will love this one. I've been loving Chuck's uke from afar for awhile now...and yes I know how sick that sounds lol. That's real cool that you're able to drop by and see what's happening at the ole mango Tree house. I'd love to drop in and check it out for myself...only problem is it takes about 12-16 hours for me to get there. :rolleyes:

Ah...you're in line eh? Well my best advice is to try and not think about it too much when the process begins. Of course...I went on a UAS binge to keep me occupied. I know own eleventy billion ukuleles.

Spooner, I know you will love this uke. I didn't get to play it, but can only imagine the sweet sound of this uke. In a few days, another UU member will be posting pics of his uke, I'll comment on that one since I was able to play it.

Hmm...I just heard a certain sound clip. ;)

If I could steal one uke from any UU member, this would be it. :eek::eek: Beautiful wood, and Chuck's inlay work is second to none. Would love to own a Moore Bettah in the near future.

Although, if you get sick of your Pineapple Sunday once the new baby arrives, I'll take that instead. :B

Wow Spooner-she is absolutely gorgeuous! I know exactly how you are feeling as Chuck just finished my uke as well and I am guessing we should be receiving our ukes on the same day. I plan on posting pics as well.

Chuck really outdid himself with the detail on your uke. I was joking with Chuck how I sort of felt like I was preparing for my uke as if I was preparing for the birth of a child. If I get her on Saturday, I might even take her to the park on Sunday. ;)
Congratulations on your new Moore Bettah Ukulele! Have fun with her:shaka:

DAY-UM!! I'm not sure I'd be able to bring myself to play that uke! :D

Wow Spooner-she is absolutely gorgeuous! I know exactly how you are feeling as Chuck just finished my uke as well and I am guessing we should be receiving our ukes on the same day. I plan on posting pics as well.

Chuck really outdid himself with the detail on your uke. I was joking with Chuck how I sort of felt like I was preparing for my uke as if I was preparing for the birth of a child. If I get her on Saturday, I might even take her to the park on Sunday. ;)

Henry,
I see your baby in one of the first pictures, it's the naked uke hanging on the wall. I know it's yours because of the lefty cut-away. Ain't she cute hanging next to her brother Spooner-lele. Spooner-lele looks like the wild child in comparison to yours, but I can attest, your baby's got a beautiful voice! Almost took her home with me!

Nice ukulele!!!! I got a Moore Bettah a couple of months ago and haven't been able to put it down. You will be very happy. Although mine is one of his 'Not so Basic' ukes the craftmanship is amazing and it sings beautifully. I reccomend to any and everyone that can afford one of his ukes to have him build one.

That's real cool that we all have such impeccable taste. ;)

Hank....my ukes are like my children. I love them and beat them equally. lol

It is like waiting for the delivery of a child in a way. The anticipation and how you hold it for the first time....oh yeah...definitely.

Chuck has been exceptionally helpful, friendly and accommodating throughout the entire process. It's been a great learning experience too. Not only that but he busted this uke out rather quickly. Sounds like Chuck should get the luthier of the year award. :D

Hmm...maybe we need to start an MBU Klub here lol.

Henry,
I see your baby in one of the first pictures, it's the naked uke hanging on the wall. I know it's yours because of the lefty cut-away. Ain't she cute hanging next to her brother Spooner-lele. Spooner-lele looks like the wild child in comparison to yours, but I can attest, your baby's got a beautiful voice! Almost took her home with me!

Good eye! I didn't notice it until you pointed that out. So we have the Spooner-lele and the Hank-ulele:shaka:

Spooner, you and I are now forever bonded. :cheers:

Good eye! I didn't notice it until you pointed that out. So we have the Spooner-lele and the Hank-ulele:shaka:

Spooner, you and I are now forever bonded. :cheers:

It's kinda like key brothers (From Seinfeld) only with MBU's. lol

We'll have to learn Dueling Banjos now and do them with our new babies. :p

WOW!
Da Spoonerlele is truely a work of art.....:bowdown:

Wow! Another beauty for sure. I think I will go back to bed now and just dream of building ukuleles this beautiful. Congrats to both owner and builder.

that is an incredible ukulele. Talk about class, that ukulele is a piece of art. It's like a playable piece of jewelry. I want one now... :uhoh:

Top Bottom