Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any knows any good online lessons for learning guitar?

I would like to ask if lifting weights would hinder my ability to master finger-styling in guitar since I think when you lift weights your nerves which are what connects your brain and body parts will be overworked. And that your finger movements will somehow be affected. I am doing simple dumbbell exercises such as bicep curls, triceps exercise.
    I work out twice every day, bicep curls, bench press, push ups, sit ups and pull ups and crunches and a 3 mile run once a day and a bunch of other stuff. Finding no problem with finger styling.

Quote Originally Posted by JackT View Post
    I work out twice every day, bicep curls, bench press, push ups, sit ups and pull ups and crunches and a 3 mile run once a day and a bunch of other stuff. Finding no problem with finger styling.
    Yep I second that. Working out has never given me a problem with playing.

I just picked up an acoustic guitar and I have been using this site to learn my first song:
    http://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=36
    My wife recognized my mistimed version of it after about 30 min. of learning(I think she saw the paperwork I printed out and was just trying to be nice though).

Here's his page with a bunch of beginner song lessons from which I learned Wallflowers-3 marlenas, Margaritaville, I shot the sherrif, and Hurt by Cash on the Uke! Its a great site with the songs broken down into separate MP3's after the written instruction. He also has a bunch of intermediate songs and he even gives you the strum patterns! Great site.

http://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php

I've used musicmoose.org before. They have many different instruments to choose from, as well as many different difficulty levels and styles....so it's a little hard to navigate, but the lessons are very good

Hmmm I teach guitar in my area but I may look into giving webcam lessons, if that's what your more interested in. Hit me up we can work out something

YouTube
    More specifically, http://youtube.com/user/rockongoodpeople

But if you're just starting out, just search for guitar lessons or something and a lot of results will show up. A lot of people even make accounts that only show how to play guitar.

This may sound silly.. but I learned how to play guitar off of youtube!! Theres SO many tutorials on there. You can search "main chords for guitar, tutorial" and you get over 13,000 results. If theres a song you want to learn just search it on there and BAM there it is (or maybe not..) but you know what I mean. I learned 10 different songs, learned how to pick, learned how to read tabs, and even wrote a song on the guitar. All thanks to youtube!!

Smile Acoustic Guitar Lessons

If in case there is anyone who is in search of a good online source for learning guitar then do give a try to this site. It is one of the preferred option when it comes to gathering useful information related to guitar. The online lessons does answer most of the queries .
    Last edited by garryhill; 11-28-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Default Online Lessons for Learning Guitar

Hi, I am Andy Partridge and I'm personally teaching guitar online. You can subscribe on my YouTube channel for an updated lessons. Just type GuitarCoachMag on YouTube. You can also master easy guitar songs in just a couple of minutes. Learn here https://guitarcoachmag.com/easy-guitar-songs/

Good luck!
    Last edited by andyguitarcoachmag; 01-29-2018 at 04:55 AM.

I have been taking lessons with a great online guitar teacher called Owen Evans, he has really helped me to learn to play the guitar over the last four years. Lessons are always fun, he is really chilled out & learning online doesn't seem to be too much of a problem nowadayas as long as you have a decent wifi - you can read more about his lessons here: Online Guitar Lessons.

Thread Information