Has anyone bought an uke from ukes.com??

Yoo..

Has anyone bought an Ukulele from the site www.ukes.com ?
Or do you know anything about it, good, bad ??

Thx for reply!:D

First: where do you live???
Second:They have everything!!!! but the shipping cost its expensive (but i receive my stuff in Texas)
Third: If you have a question about a specific uke...they answer immediately..
That's all i can say to you...hope this can be useful for you!!!!!!!

Sorry for not being so specific:p

I am considering about getting a pono concert!

btw I live in Sweden!! :D

Sorry for not being so specific:p

I am considering about getting a pono concert!

btw I live in Sweden!! :D

OK...maybe I can help you in this one...I tried to buy a uke for this cool guys and I live in Mexico...and you have to pay with a credit card and the billing address it must be at US...and you say that you live in Sweden...they will recommend you a wire transfer and i tell you: it's expensive!..lol!

My piece of advice is: call or write an email...so they can inform you about the way you can buy to them.

Pono is a great brand!!!! i will buy one someday!!! (If I were you I wouldn't be worry about Pono Ukes!!! lol :p

Have a great day!

There is a swedish online shop that also carries ponos i think.. Wait I'll find the adress.

Edit:
Oh misinformation about the Ponos. They don't have them.

Anyways here it is: http://www.stefansukulele.com/

I would rather buy in the EU-Zone than in the USA. www.ukulele.de offers ponos and many other good ukuleles and I think they will ship to sweden.
There is a British ukuleleshop that has Ponos as well. I ordered strings from their shop. They arrived very fast. http://www.theukuleleshop.co.uk/

If you think about importing from the USA, you have to consider certain problems. I would always look in Europe first, at least if you're part of the EU market, and Sweden is part of it. If your Ukulele comes cracked or damaged to you you will have problems sending it back. The EU law provides better warranty rights for you. If you buy it in England, the pound has suffered drastical losses, comparable to the weak dollar. The Shipping costs will be humane from Germany or England to Sweden and your Ukuleles won't get stuck at the custom office nor will you have to pay extra VAT.

Last edited:
Oh okey, thanks for the great advise:)

Try get in touch with musicguymic on ebay. I'm sure he has a pono concert on the site. Good prices and good service. Although, he will be away till around the 10th of April. He is NY for some kind of ukulele festival.

http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Musiguymic sure has a wide range of ukuleles. But as Bof said i'm a little bit worried if international tax would ad to the total price, but I will send Musicguymic a mail if he knows anything about it. Thanks!

Musiguymic sure has a wide range of ukuleles. But as Bof said i'm a little bit worried if international tax would ad to the total price, but I will send Musicguymic a mail if he knows anything about it. Thanks!

If you import you won't have to pay the VAT (the tax if you buy a thing, that is added) of the country you purchase it, but you will have to pay the swedish VAT and some extra duty. In Germany it would be 19% VAT and 3% duty for importing wooden, acoustical string instruments. I think in Sweden it might be even higher.

But what is more worriesome for you is, that if you don't like the instrument you can't just easily return it (buying in the EU will give you 14 days time to return the unharmed instrument and get back your money), or even if its broken or anything like that, as the shipping costs may easily cost you 50-70 dollars.

Thanks Bof for your explanation about the tax thing, cus I haven´t really understood the rules until now! The Ukuleleshop.co.uk had quite nice stuff, probably gonna purchase my ukulele from them. Thanks!

I was going to buy a uke from this site a few weeks back.. was going to re-buy my LU-21T but thought if i boguht a new one i wudnt take it out and that i would not enjoy it as much.

But i want to buy a new uke some time soon and this site doesnt look to bad

Top Bottom