Woodshed's Strumming eBook Is OuT!

HoldinCoffee

Reaction score
I found out just last night that Woodshed's, long awaited e-book, Ukulele Strumming, is finally completed and available at his site

Its a good read, with a TON of extras, video samples, exercises and stuff. Ok, Imma go read and practice strumming... what do you think I do all day, post messages?

I found out just last night that Woodshed's, long awaited e-book, Ukulele Strumming, is finally completed and available at his site

Its a good read, with a TON of extras, video samples, exercises and stuff. Ok, Imma go read and practice strumming... what do you think I do all day, post messages?
Do you have any of his other e-books? If so, what do you think of them?

what do you think of them?

They're great, all of 'em! His instructions are very clear, tabbed out for convenience and often followed by an audio-clip or a video clip demonstrating the proper technique. His writing style is quite entertaining and I often find myself LOLing!

The first one I got was called Chord Progressions and Ukulele 101, I found it very helpful as a novice and often go back to it as a reference. Definitely worth the price! This strumming one has been great so far too. There's more videos and stuff in it which is good since strumming is more pratice and technique than theory, but he explains the theory part of it too which is usually what people skip when trying to explain a particular technique.

So yeah, Woodshed rocks the house!:cheers:

I just finished working through this one.

Al's topped himself this time which I wouldn't have thought possible after the blues book.

This is a great read for beginners, but there are some strumming patterns at the end that are brilliant and will take some work to get the hang of.

When I started playing four years ago, I had no idea there would be such a great wealth of information available. Al's books, in my opinion, are better than anything I've found elsewhere, as far as written instruction goes. And, he is rather hilarious when he wants to be.

Plus, he's such a nice guy- he always answers all of my stupid questions :eek:

I just got this eBook a couple of days ago (it's still "on sale" today), and have just "thumbed" through it, but it's definitely set up for everyone at any level to learn something new. I get frustrated when teachers take the small bits of knowledge that make a BIG difference to a new student for granted. Al does the opposite by making sure that everything is explained in an accessible way that takes the mystery out.

Al's teaching is very clear and well illustrated, and I would rec any of his work. I have Chord Progressions too; I will be working through that for awhile as well, there is just so much great information and there's enough in each lesson to keep me interested and moving forward rather than get me discouraged like other books or authors.

Al ROCKS! :bowdown:

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

If anyone is thinking of getting it, the price goes up at the end of today (Wednesday).

Top Bottom