Need help wtih children's song

MrsMeyerMusic

Reaction score
I teach K-6 music at an elementary school. I usually do a welcoming-type song with the younger kids at the beginning of every class to get them ready. I've never really tried writing songs for my classroom, but this one just popped into my head, so I grabbed my uke. I don't know what to put in the middle, though...

C
It's time for music,

F C
come on in!

C
It's time for music,

F G7
welcome my friend!

????????????????
????????????????

C
It's time for music,

F C
let's begin!

:anyone:

Edit- The C's should be over "in" and "begin" and the "G7" should be over friend. Whenever I post, it scoots it over!!

Code:
C
It's time for music,

F          C
come on in!

C
It's time for music,

F                G7
welcome my friend!

It's time to sing and dance to the beat
Come in and don't forget to wipe your feet

C
It's time for music, 

F          C
let's begin!

I like it! But I don't know what chords to use....

Code:
C
It's time for music,

F          C
come on in!

C
It's time for music,

F                G7
welcome my friend!

It's time to sing and dance to the beat
Come in and don't forget to wipe your feet

C
It's time for music, 

F          C
let's begin!

Cool, glad you like it. Just mess around with it, you'll find the chords. I'd probably start on an F.

Now that's an interesting challenge. Hmmmm... How about:

Code:
C                  C7
Music's played all around the world

F              Fm
From ___________ to __________

You would fill in the blanks each time with different interesting or comical places (Kalamazoo, Moose Jaw, The South Pole, The Green Tree Mall, etc.), stretching the chords out as long as necessary. Doesn't have to rhyme. Maybe even get them to shout out suggestions.

If I were a kid, I'd think that was hilarious.

JJ

P.S. If you type in your lyrics and chords in Word or TextPad or something, using a monospaced font like Courier, and then copy and paste it into "code" tags (the # button along the top of the message box), it will preserve your spacing. That's what I just did.

I like this, too! Maybe I should write multiple verses?!

Now that's an interesting challenge. Hmmmm... How about:

Code:
C                  C7
Music's played all around the world

F              Fm
From ___________ to __________

You would fill in the blanks each time with different interesting or comical places (Kalamazoo, Moose Jaw, The South Pole, The Green Tree Mall, etc.), stretching the chords out as long as necessary. Doesn't have to rhyme. Maybe even get them to shout out suggestions.

If I were a kid, I'd think that was hilarious.

JJ

P.S. If you type in your lyrics and chords in Word or TextPad or something, using a monospaced font like Courier, and then copy and paste it into "code" tags (the # button along the top of the message box), it will preserve your spacing. That's what I just did.

I just recorded a rough take of what I have in mind for the song. I tried to upload it to youtube, but they are doing maintainance. I'll get it on here when I can so you guys can hear what I am thinking.

I was hearing a chord in my head for the middle section on "my friends" and I couldn't figure it out, but my husband did! It's A minor! I will try to make a video tonight of the finished product!

Top Bottom