Thread: Where Can I Buy a Kala Ukulele In New Zealand?

Default Where Can I Buy a Kala Ukulele In New Zealand?

I would just like to ask where I can buy a Kala ukulele in New Zealand. (I live in Auckland, New Zealand)

hey mate, I don't know about physical stores in Auckland but they show up on trademe. There's also worldofmusic, which as far as I know is in Hamilton - you might be able to go for a quick trip down the road and see them...
    Last edited by whetu; 07-27-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whetu View Post
    hey mate, I don't know about physical stores in Auckland but they show up on trademe. There's also worldofmusic, which as far as I know is in Hamilton - you might be able to go for a quick trip down the road and see them...
    woah and i thought prices here sucked
    Guitar history:

Once there was a ukulele that was loved a played almost everyday and was really fit. But once the owner bought a better ukulele, this special one let go and started to get "fat" and bigger. She grew and she grew and two extra tuners. She was never found again.

moral: Never isolate your uke with other ukes or musical instruments and always keep playing! aloha!

... and yes it all started with a ukulele!

Quote Originally Posted by gabzuke View Post
    woah and i thought prices here sucked
    Yup. I wanted a Fluke, so I priced one up with rosewood fretboard etc and did the exchange rate... after shipping it'd be about 800 bucks. Add a customs tax of 12.5% to get it through the border, and because it's a (partially, at least) wood product, it would likely have to be fumigated so there's probably an extra expense there as well (tax on a tax by the NZ govt? nah, never ), and probably a delay of a week or two...

So that comes to a grand total of NZD$ umm sorry, not worth it! It would be cheaper for me to wait till I'm next in Europe and grab one there.

There's also the economics of it: demand here isn't that great so bulk buys of intermediate and higher level ukes probably won't happen... plus shipping here sucks - we're at the arse end of asian shipping lines. Then on top of that, any local seller will be putting a markup on - hey, they're in business to make money

and it goes on
    Last edited by whetu; 07-27-2009 at 10:35 PM.

yeah, really stops us frm having freedom
    Guitar history:

Once there was a ukulele that was loved a played almost everyday and was really fit. But once the owner bought a better ukulele, this special one let go and started to get "fat" and bigger. She grew and she grew and two extra tuners. She was never found again.

moral: Never isolate your uke with other ukes or musical instruments and always keep playing! aloha!

... and yes it all started with a ukulele!

Thread Information