Where Can I Buy a Kala Ukulele In New Zealand?

hey mate, I don't know about physical stores in Auckland but they show up on trademe. There's also worldofmusic, which as far as I know is in Hamilton - you might be able to go for a quick trip down the road and see them...

Last edited:
hey mate, I don't know about physical stores in Auckland but they show up on trademe. There's also worldofmusic, which as far as I know is in Hamilton - you might be able to go for a quick trip down the road and see them...

woah and i thought prices here sucked

woah and i thought prices here sucked

Yup. I wanted a Fluke, so I priced one up with rosewood fretboard etc and did the exchange rate... after shipping it'd be about 800 bucks. Add a customs tax of 12.5% to get it through the border, and because it's a (partially, at least) wood product, it would likely have to be fumigated so there's probably an extra expense there as well (tax on a tax by the NZ govt? nah, never :rolleyes: ), and probably a delay of a week or two...

So that comes to a grand total of NZD$ umm sorry, not worth it! :( It would be cheaper for me to wait till I'm next in Europe and grab one there.

There's also the economics of it: demand here isn't that great so bulk buys of intermediate and higher level ukes probably won't happen... plus shipping here sucks - we're at the arse end of asian shipping lines. Then on top of that, any local seller will be putting a markup on - hey, they're in business to make money

and it goes on :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom