Show us your ukes!

My top three "traditional" ukuleles. ~ I liked the Kala laminated koa series so much I decided to get one of each size!
KA-KSLNG super soprano
KA-KCG concert
KA-KTG tenor
2016-12-22 16.57.02.jpg

Last edited:
I got a Kala 8-string a few days ago but it didn't look good
with white strings. I use it for fingerstyle so it's strung all courses in unison. It did sound superb for strumming with the g & c courses tuned in octaves but I don't really strum. I must say it's a beautifully appointed instrument with wood bindings and inlays and ebony saddle and bridge. The finish was flawless and it plays beautifully and sounds lovely.

2w52clj.jpg

2a5zp8w.jpg

swtf7n.jpg

10zmqm1.jpg

Last edited:
If Gene Simmons ever takes up Ukulele, that is the one he will play.

"Znino" a Rubin RP-100 Zebra wood sopranino with 11.25" (283mm) scale, a ~16 mm depth, and Fremont BlackLine Hard strings. I found the standard Aquilas to be pretty floppy on this scale and the Fremont "Hards" make it much nicer and chimier. I just put the Jockomo fret marking on it to see how they worked. It didn't have front fret markers but it does have side markers on the bound fret board. I almost duplicates my RT-102 Rubin Travel (slimline) Tenor. they both are slim and have surprisingly volume and nice tone.

Nino 1.JPG

You can't see it on this size print but the fret markers have a gold shimmer to them that complements the Zebrawood.

Last edited:
Entire front standing.jpgPegasus Image front.jpgLabel through hole, best shot.jpgBody front.jpg

Here are some pictures of my Pegasus ukulele that was built by Bob Gleason in 1984 and the story of how I acquired it. In the 90's, I lived in Albuquerque, NM and there was an elderly couple across the street who had previously lived on the Big Island. When the wife passed away, the husband went to live with their children and held a yard sale. I walked across the street, saw the ukulele, and bought it for $100. Unbelievable but true! Of course, I had no idea what type of ukulele I had bought or who Bob Gleason was......I sure know now. Aloha.

Maybe nothing fancy, but she's all mine and my first brand new Uke! It's a KALA PWT (Pacific Walnut Tenor). I'm guessing it's a laminate, but it's a well made one, with bracing and it's book matched wood, two sided, so inside and outside. Oh and it's also a left hand version. So far all I can play is several chords and 1 song after 1 day of owning it ;) Always wanted to play an instrument. Next one though, I'm definitely dropping $500+. This one cost me $170, with the sweet padded black gig bag, extra high end strings, and a nice tuner in the bundle.

kDpLGCG.jpg

-
fBATYod.jpg

Those are yout typical aquilla nygut strings, but the bonus strings I got with it are D'Addario EJ65T Pro-Arté Custom Extruded Nylon. I don't know if that's anything special or what extruded means, but I do know they're clear nylon. I won't bother with them until I wear out the stock strings. I do think I would prefer the clear look though.

J1UIq8H.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, ukerz. Congrats on your first uke, it looks awesome! Kalas are great. Best of luck and have fun!

View attachment 97284View attachment 97285View attachment 97286View attachment 97287

Here are some pictures of my Pegasus ukulele that was built by Bob Gleason in 1984 and the story of how I acquired it. In the 90's, I lived in Albuquerque, NM and there was an elderly couple across the street who had previously lived on the Big Island. When the wife passed away, the husband went to live with their children and held a yard sale. I walked across the street, saw the ukulele, and bought it for $100. Unbelievable but true! Of course, I had no idea what type of ukulele I had bought or who Bob Gleason was......I sure know now. Aloha.

I could be wrong, but this uke looks way more than $100 uke! Love the headstock logo.....

Figured I'd give you guys some proper Uke p***, especially since this is the brightest lit day I've had in a while.

E2qV1BH.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom