Show us your ukes!

xMB-coconuts-14.jpg.pagespeed.ic.X0u6OPxOu2.jpg

the body is Mastadon Ivory fossils 10-40 thousand years old. Scrimshaw styles etched and shaded.

Andrew...you are killing me...wow nice!

how does Chuck do this....one of a kind...

2006 Kanile'a Custom Concert

This gorgeous uke sports premium curly tiger mahogany on the front, back, sides and book matched headplate. It has a mahogany neck with rosewood fret board and bridge. It has a beautiful curly maple rosette with a paua mother of pearl ring inside and outside the maple. Body binding is also curly maple. Paua mother of pearl purfling is used all around the edge of the top. The fretboard position dots are also paua mother of pearl. This uke has Kanile'a's own unique rounded back which enhances sustain and projection. It has Gold Grover open geared tuning keys and a high gloss finish.

DSCN2943.JPG

DSCN2944.JPG

DSCN2946.JPG

DSCN2945.JPG

my new family picture with my just finished handcrafted pineapple

9kkl.jpg

the new family picture
2013-11-20 16.46.54.jpg

from left to right:
handcrafted walnut pineapple super-soprano
handcrafted walnut martin style soprano
anuenue tenor mahogany
soprano cigar box ukulele
concert cigar box ukulele

SF,

Awesome looking Kamaka!

I got my Kamaka HF-3 (tenor) special this week and took some pictures. It's hard to capture the beautiful curls in the Koa, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. It's really dazzling in person! My other uke is a Martin concert with Aquila strings. I might restring the Kamaka with Aquila strings too, I'm not sure if I like the Kamaka strings. I'm going to let them break in a bit before I decide. I think I've been starting at the Kamaka more than I've been playing it, I just can't stop admiring it! :smileybounce:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14145154@N03/sets/72157637926051476/

Top Bottom