P-Uker - Paul                    0.00%        2.79%		
MrUktober                        0.00%        0.00%		
Salukulady - Sally               0.00%        4.84%		
ThePunkWay                       0.00%        1.56%		
Ukulele JJ                       0.00%        0.00%		
UkuleleHill - Andy     x         0.92%       15.11%		

week Lost:		8.00
Total lost:		196.40

Andy wins the week and still leads the pack overall!

Only 3 weeks left, and I'll need all members to make an effort to report each week.

It's been a tough 2 months, and these are the hardest times. Plateaus, vacations, and just diet fatigue are killers, but together we can do this!

Keep fighting the big fight and Keep Ukin'!

JT

Last edited:
Holey Moley UkuleleHill! That's terrific! I'm so proud of you.:bowdown

Hang in there everybody.

Andy, you rock! WAY TO GO!

Andy's the man! Sorry I'm late again with my numbers. gonna go weigh now. I'm sure I gained. Didn't follow my diet at all.

EDIT: WTH I lost 2.4 lbs! Hahaha. Very thankful.

Last edited:
good job all you guys... yeah.. i have been slipping up.. i am still not back to what i was when i started.. the close to 187.. i am around 178-181 depending on the day..

i am trying my hand at Atkins for TWO weeks... and i am under the care of a nurse.. (my future wife) and we just got back from the store.. she wanted to do the diet because of our wedding.. and i said i would join her... so here goes nothing.. can i pull it off for two weeks.. we will see... and i will be curious to see the results.. i have never done a diet like this one..

well i just wanted to check in.. and say good job to everyone.. and to stick with it also..

i will be a good boy and report on time each week the last 3 weeks.. but i think i would have to cut off my leg to catch andy..

d

great job everyone. it's the final stretch now! i wanna see if you can bust through that 200lb mark :shaka:

good job all you guys... yeah.. i have been slipping up.. i am still not back to what i was when i started.. the close to 187.. i am around 178-181 depending on the day..

i am trying my hand at Atkins for TWO weeks... and i am under the care of a nurse.. (my future wife) and we just got back from the store.. she wanted to do the diet because of our wedding.. and i said i would join her... so here goes nothing.. can i pull it off for two weeks.. we will see... and i will be curious to see the results.. i have never done a diet like this one..

well i just wanted to check in.. and say good job to everyone.. and to stick with it also..

i will be a good boy and report on time each week the last 3 weeks.. but i think i would have to cut off my leg to catch andy..

d

Atkins works, just not in the long term, for me anyway. not sure what a 2-3 weeks on atkins will do for you here, but over a a couple of months it works wonders.. if you can handle the bread/chip/sugar cravings... it's not easy.

JT

[soapbox]

Atkins is a fad (one that seems to be fading in a big way, I think). It is not healthy. It is not sustainable. I watched my best friend yoyo up and down for two years on Atkins. He'd lose rapidly, then switch back to a "regular" diet and shoot right back up. Over and over and over.

I suppose if you're trying to lose quickly for a specific purpose - like Dom is - then it can be a useful tool, but it is not going to keep anybody healthy physically or mentally for any extended period of time.

JT mentioned the sugar/starch cravings - they aren't good - your body is asking you to vary your diet...

[/soapbox]

I hope it works for you, Dom! Like I said, for a specific purpose, this could be a good thing to get you to your wedding goal!

You are pretty young so your body will probably not notice too much but low carb high protein diets are very tough on the kidneys and liver in the long run. Short periods are ok, long term you end up with stones, liver issues, and gall bladder issues.

Atkins is great in theory for fast loss, but it doesn't teach you long term balanced eating and how to put all the building blocks together.

small victories

Today as I was fastening my belt I thought things felt a bit funny...I had pulled it to the next tighter hole without even realizing it. I haven't even been able to do that for a long, long time.

Today as I was fastening my belt I thought things felt a bit funny...I had pulled it to the next tighter hole without even realizing it. I haven't even been able to do that for a long, long time.

:shaka: rock!

one hole at a time is the way

Whoo hoo!

gotta love it!

Greatjob everyone!

Jon congrats on the belt loop! John cograts o the 2.5 lbs! I am so proud of everyone!

Home again!

Will be posting this weeks results later this evening, so ig you haven't sent em in.. SEND EM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JT

I've lost 2 pounds since May. Does that count? Let me tell ya, that was a lot of work too.

Hang in there you guys. The end is in sight. Keep it up for the last few weeks.

I'm currently out spearfishing and camping. OK, I'm not spearing anything because the sea lions are too aggressive, so I'm watching and swimming with the grey whales. They are in and rolling around the gravel beaches in about 10 feet of water, and feeding in the kelp beds which are in about 30 feet of water. Surreal. They rub on the boat and roll up and look at you with eyes that are the size of dinner plates, what a trip. The boys are getting their fish limits and we are sleeping well at night. Mais, il ne a pas une balance ici.

If anyone ever gets the chance to visit Washington state, I strongly recommend the trip to the far western tip, where we are. Neah Bay, Makah Bay, and Beaches 1-5 are fantastic. OK, so you get to see rustic life, it's not the big city out here, but the night sky is so beautiful without all the city lights, the ocean has many moods, and fishing and diving are the best.

OK, gotta go, gonna take another dive before dinner.

Love you all and am so amazed at how well everyone is doing. Oh, JT, I did check weight on Friday and I am down .3 from last weeks weight.

I'm currently out spearfishing and camping. OK, I'm not spearing anything because the sea lions are too aggressive, so I'm watching and swimming with the grey whales. They are in and rolling around the gravel beaches in about 10 feet of water, and feeding in the kelp beds which are in about 30 feet of water. Surreal. They rub on the boat and roll up and look at you with eyes that are the size of dinner plates, what a trip. The boys are getting their fish limits and we are sleeping well at night. Mais, il ne a pas une balance ici.

If anyone ever gets the chance to visit Washington state, I strongly recommend the trip to the far western tip, where we are. Neah Bay, Makah Bay, and Beaches 1-5 are fantastic. OK, so you get to see rustic life, it's not the big city out here, but the night sky is so beautiful without all the city lights, the ocean has many moods, and fishing and diving are the best.

OK, gotta go, gonna take another dive before dinner.

Love you all and am so amazed at how well everyone is doing. Oh, JT, I did check weight on Friday and I am down .3 from last weeks weight.

I have to make it up there one of these days! I've been as far as Port Angeles a couple times, but need to take the time to really explore Kitsap Co. and the Olympic Peninsula...

Top Bottom