Army Support Forum Rant

Melissa, I called the local Sheriff's department and the rules on a moped (49cc or less) is that a learner's [permit is needed and you have to have a SSN for that. Now I would recommend that you and your husband go and talk to his company commander about speeding up the process to get you a SSN. Have your hubby write the local congressman. I'm serious about that. BTW my dad drove around for two years on his motorcycle without a licence. Cops are pretty good about leaving motorcyclist and scooter drivers alone as long as you obey tragffic laws.

Is your spouse active or reserve military? Has anyone from Family Support contacted you since the deployment? They have resources on post for families of deployed soldiers. I would contact your family support representative and see what they can do.

Melissa, I called the local Sheriff's department and the rules on a moped (49cc or less) is that a learner's [permit is needed and you have to have a SSN for that. Now I would recommend that you and your husband go and talk to his company commander about speeding up the process to get you a SSN. Have your hubby write the local congressman. I'm serious about that. BTW my dad drove around for two years on his motorcycle without a licence. Cops are pretty good about leaving motorcyclist and scooter drivers alone as long as you obey tragffic laws.
Thanks, that's good to know!! I told him just now about talking to his commander and he made a funny face.

Is your spouse active or reserve military? Has anyone from Family Support contacted you since the deployment? They have resources on post for families of deployed soldiers. I would contact your family support representative and see what they can do.
He is active and not yet deployed. No one has contacted me yet. I know they have resources, it's just a matter of getting there, lol.

Family support services are a great resource. Can you guys get housing on post?
Housing on post is crap. We can get something much better for less (housing is "free" but then we lose our BAH which is a lot of money). I'm not worried about finding a place anymore, it's more of making sure he can get his orders by the end of the week so we can be out for Oct 1. Then, we have to make sure we have enough for first and last months rent.

I don't have anywhere to vent that is supportive, so I'm going to vent here.

A lot of you know I am a wife to a military man. Pretty soon we will be dealing with our first deployment. I have been looking for some friends since being new here (Savannah) with no luck, so I looked to the web to the support groups and forums out there. But you know what? They just seem to be the opposite of that. Put a bunch of young chicks on a website and you know what happens? They all attack each other. It's so sad, I can't believe the things they say to each other. They have cliques and gang up on people... it's just horrible.

What is the internet doing to us? Some say it pushes us together but on so many levels it pushes us apart. People hide behind their screens and belittle each other, trying to make themselves feel better. Sometimes I think I'm just better off staying at home with my dog and doing my own thing, sans internet. But thankfully UU here is a much better. I can say it is one site I can go to with little worry of drama. :)

mostly 15-25 year old, wannab gangsta's, who think they run the joint... people that fight over the net (like i used to) just look so stupid.

VENT HERE ALL YOU LIKE!!

if u need further advice, i love you, man, is the movie for you!

:smileybounce:

Good news, we got the orders so we can give 30 days notice to move. I just hope the housing management accepts it!

YAY! I'm so glad you got the good news :)

YAY! I'm so glad you got the good news :)
That's only part of it. The bad news is we still need to find a place and we won't have enough for first and last until Sept 30. :eek: *crosses fingers someone will work with us*

UUgghhh, bad news. The memo they have won't work. They will only let us break the lease end of October, 2 weeks before they are set to deploy (or something like that). Basically, they said we have to give them 30 days notice from the date of deployment, and they can break the lease a couple weeks before that. I'm also pissed because we paid 550$ for a pet deposit and none of that covers any damages. So, if something needs to be fixed or repaired cuz of the pets, they will charge us for it. I just hope to God my roommate covers his rent up until that time because he is still on the lease!

UUgghhh, bad news. The memo they have won't work. They will only let us break the lease end of October, 2 weeks before they are set to deploy (or something like that). Basically, they said we have to give them 30 days notice from the date of deployment, and they can break the lease a couple weeks before that. I'm also pissed because we paid 550$ for a pet deposit and none of that covers any damages. So, if something needs to be fixed or repaired cuz of the pets, they will charge us for it. I just hope to God my roommate covers his rent up until that time because he is still on the lease!

Sorry to hear all that. Housing drama sucks.

We had some very un-fun moves when we were first married. Hopefully things get better soon.

Last edited:
Cops are pretty good about leaving motorcyclist and scooter drivers alone as long as you obey tragffic laws.

This is somewhat off topic but I just wanted to point out for you, or anyone else considering it, that technology has kind of caught up with this issue and it's difficult to get away with having no license anymore. In Virginia, they've started combining the database information pertaining to who has a motorcycle license with who has a registered bike/scooter and sending fines/tickets/warnings to those who have a registered vehicle without the proper license.

I've heard most states are doing this. So Haoles idea of pressuring your congressmen or the base to speed up the process is probably the cheapest since those fines can be kind of hefty.

Top Bottom