Buddy Holly!

fatfingers75

Reaction score
i may be the only 19 year old who even knows who buddy holly is.

Anyway buddy holly and the crickets is one of my favorite bands. what do you guys think about these cats?

True. Haha, I was just listening to "I'm Lookin' for Someone to Love" on YouTube yesterday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22IVw7OvavU (I think it's pretty awesome that people do this; make videos of their record collection).

I'm 25 now, but I got into Buddy Holly when I was about 15 years old. At the time, no one else my age was listening to his stuff either. The reality is, no matter what you say, a lot of your friends won't ever really appreciate his stuff (or any music from that era).

But do what you do. You've got musical appreciation that is beyond your years. Hit me up if you ever need more good stuff to bob your head to.

I do "Oh Boy", "That'll Be the Day" and "Every Day" on the tenor and it sounds pretty good. A lot of his stuff translates well to the Uke!! Of course, I am a geezer so I remember him when he was alive..

I'm 26 and still remember when I was 4 years old and went to the music store with my dad and got my first albums.

"Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits" and "Bad" by Michael Jackson.

Went home and we put the Buddy Holly tape in and had a dance party on the wooden floors of the apartment we lived in.

I love Buddy Holly.

Buddy Holly was a genius.

Go rent the movie "The Buddy Holly Story" starring Gary Busey, very good flick.
In fact rent "La Bomba" starring Lou Diamond Phillips while you're at it, both excellent flicks.
Interesting how they both received grief Buddy Holly for marrying a Puerto Rican gal, and Richie Valens (Valenzuela) for marrying a white girl.

Go rent the movie "The Buddy Holly Story" starring Gary Busey, very good flick.
In fact rent "La Bomba" starring Lou Diamond Phillips while you're at it, both excellent flicks.
Interesting how they both received grief Buddy Holly for marrying a Puerto Rican gal, and Richie Valens (Valenzuela) for marrying a white girl.

yes that movie was awesome! i was looking through my grand fathers stuff and i found that movie. wonderful movie.

It's nice to see so much love here for Buddy Holly. I've been listening to his music since I was probably 8 or younger. Him and Johnny Horton are the two most played artists in my house.

Got to see the musical version of the Buddy Holly story just a year back, and it was absolutely awesome. I'm a young'n too, but it definitely rekindled my love for Buddy Holly.

Top Bottom