Best Tenor for Under $200

thatguy

Reaction score
I recently got into playing the ukulele and currently play a Kala soprano (ka-15s). Wishing to expand my "collection" by purchasing a tenor. I'd like to know what you guys think is the best one to be had at no more than $200. I realize there are probably similar posts, and feel free to simply link me to them, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks, thatguy.

Last edited:
Are you happy with your Kala? Then you might try the Kala Tenor (99€ = 150$) ;)

My post may be tainted but I have a solid wood pono ohai tenor listed in the marketplace for $199.

The best tenor under $200? A used one that listed for $250-300 new.

just check musicguymic on ebay. he's got all kinds of great ukes at around the $200 mark. i just purchased a new tenor, the kala tem, on his advice. $179. he also sets them up to perfection for you, and they come with a nice case.

Depends on what you call "best." Me, I'd go for a Fluke, but that's because I've been bitten by the Flea more than once and wouldn't mind taking its big brother for a spin. :eek: And it's easy to just pick up and play. After all, what's a fancy uke worth if you rarely play it because it needs to be babied?

Top Bottom