Noooo! Aldrine took the Banana Ketchup Spaghetti tutorial down!!!

bbycrts

Reaction score
I am distraught!

Just a few short weeks after making banana ketchup spaghetti for the first time I am preparing to make it again - this time for friends...

I was going to send them Aldrine's video of the preparation of the sauce so they would see that it really is something good to eat. I found the thread here on UU, found Aldrine's link to the video, clicked the link and found out that THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE USER!

Was it me? Did I do something wrong? I want to share this manna with the world...it is one of my very favorite things now! I think I remember how to make it - need to write it down now. I have two bottles of banana ketchup waiting for me at home, can of corned beef, red hot dogs, etc etc...but I am just beside myself that it's gone!

(I was already fragile because my new uke's delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow instead of today)

come on now. do you really need the tutorial? you've already listed the ingredients. when in doubt, make it your own! however, i'm not so sure about the strumming pattern.

I mostly just wanted to use the video to show my friends that it's nothing to be afraid of. Then I remembered it has canned corned beef, which probably scares the bejeezus out of the average American palate, so maybe I'm better just making it and saying, "Here. Eat this."

Truth is that the video was really taken down by YouTube. The background music to that video was Michael Jackson's "Don't stop till you get enough" so they decided to flag it.

This just adds to my theory that YT doesn't like me very much haha. I see a bunch of other videos that have copyrighted music in the bg as well but are still up and running. They also took down my collab with Juthursty on "Dilemma" and also the play along to "Let it snow" when that was a song I covered instead of using the original track. There's a bunch of other "let it snow" covers on YT but mine was taken down for some reason.

Why have tutorials and play alongs on YT when we have good wholesome and quality entertainment such as "FRED" on there? Yep, I went there.

All us video posters have felt that. I had 5 or 6 bass covers taken down. Pretty lame.

And Fred... wow. Your words are harsh.

Just kidding I hope he dies a panful death.

Last edited:
I used to use a friend's recipe... But I have to say I like Aldy's better. if I remember correctly the recipe is similar except for the addition of corned beef and the bright red hot dog requirement... and Aldy's recipe makes an obnoxiously large amount of sauce... I had to rebottle the leftovers from the last batch of Aldy's BKS sauce... I only had two or three large meals worth so I still have plenty.

I used to use a friend's recipe... But I have to say I like Aldy's better. if I remember correctly the recipe is similar except for the addition of corned beef and the bright red hot dog requirement... and Aldy's recipe makes an obnoxiously large amount of sauce... I had to rebottle the leftovers from the last batch of Aldy's BKS sauce... I only had two or three large meals worth so I still have plenty.

Let's see...last time I made it, knowing that I would be the only one in my family to eat it, I did a half recipe and still had enough to feed myself six or seven times. I'm going to make a full recipe this weekend - it freezes well...

Oh, and Aldrine -

That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Can't we start a boycott? What if I'd never made it and had a hankering for it and ARRRGGGHH! The video is gone! They are doing an injustice to all of us.

Too bad the YouTubes pretty much have the monopoly for now...

Thanks for having it up while you did - I got my learnings in. I'm going to jot it all down so I never forget.

(P.S. - how many hot dogs do you use? I just kind of winged it last time...)

Bummer and a half. That's a lame reason to deprive the world of a video of alchemy taking place live. Shame on YouTube. Shame.

I just found another delightful use for banana ketchup: Equal parts barbecue sauce and banana ketchup with enough El Yucateco habanero sauce to cause pain makes for some mighty good wings. ;)

Worst case, you could find a nice embeddable video player, host the videos here and tell YouTube to take a hike.

--Mark

Truth is that the video was really taken down by YouTube. The background music to that video was Michael Jackson's "Don't stop till you get enough" so they decided to flag it.

This just adds to my theory that YT doesn't like me very much haha. I see a bunch of other videos that have copyrighted music in the bg as well but are still up and running. They also took down my collab with Juthursty on "Dilemma" and also the play along to "Let it snow" when that was a song I covered instead of using the original track. There's a bunch of other "let it snow" covers on YT but mine was taken down for some reason.

Why have tutorials and play alongs on YT when we have good wholesome and quality entertainment such as "FRED" on there? Yep, I went there.

I made another batch the other day and while I didn't really need it, I missed following along with the video.

I think you should mix in a new track... maybe you should do a similar sounding cover of the song (but not exact)... and then repost it.

The world will be a better place for it! Use your uke skillz (and Banana Ketchup Spaghetti skillz) to save the world!

I made another batch the other day and while I didn't really need it, I missed following along with the video.

I think you should mix in a new track... maybe you should do a similar sounding cover of the song (but not exact)... and then repost it.

The world will be a better place for it! Use your uke skillz (and Banana Ketchup Spaghetti skillz) to FEED the world!
There, I fixed it for you.

There, I fixed it for you.
yep, pretty much.

I jarred half of the batch, had two dinners and more with the other half. I've run out of noodles so I have to go get some more... and I'll probably have to find a mythical cornucopia to store it in.

Top Bottom