NYC music stores don't give no respect to UKES

There was a guy at Sam Ash in Columbus, Ohio that really liked ukuleles and he was an enthusiastic acoustic guitarist. He quit. Lucky for us, though, there is a new guy at Guitar Center that loves acoustic guitar and took an interest in ukulele after they received a new Cordoba solid mahogany tenor with cut-away and pickup. That uke actually is nicely made, sounds great, and the neck is perfect. He told me that he wants to buy it himself.

There was a guy at Sam Ash in Columbus, Ohio that really liked ukuleles and he was an enthusiastic acoustic guitarist. He quit. Lucky for us, though, there is a new guy at Guitar Center that loves acoustic guitar and took an interest in ukulele after they received a new Cordoba solid mahogany tenor with cut-away and pickup. That uke actually is nicely made, sounds great, and the neck is perfect. He told me that he wants to buy it himself.

Yeah, even at the megastores you'll occasionally find a good employee who really wants to help you. I've never had terrible service at GC or SA, but I have had indifferent. It's an impersonal, Wal-Mart style shopping environment and the salespeople don't always have a vested interest in the quality of the store's service. Plus, there's always the guy with an electric guitar playing some riff way too loud, over and over again. Or the show-offs playing as fast as they possible can, so that you might marvel at their blazing fingerspeed.

Ugh, sorry, got off on a rant there!

First Flight music on 1st Ave and 10th. Usually five or six brands and the place has a good vibe.

Top Bottom