what is truly the best ukulele?

Krands are a good choice, but like in every thing else...you have to pick and choose... even the same models of the same brands sound different...and the factory comes with
their stock strings....Hart to guage in the store then....many times a set up and nes strings will enhance any new uke....buy from a reputable dealer like HMS to do setups for free and the ukulele
site....they are really good at setups and the best in Hawaii

I would have to say Martin ukuleles and Cain's mayonaise .

Krands are a good choice, but like in every thing else...you have to pick and choose... even the same models of the same brands sound different...and the factory comes with
their stock strings....Hart to guage in the store then....many times a set up and nes strings will enhance any new uke....buy from a reputable dealer like HMS to do setups for free and the ukulele
site....they are really good at setups and the best in Hawaii

I bought an vintage no name baritone off the bay a while ago. the thing was built out of some heavy plywood and sounded so dull all it was good for was a weapon. I sold it to my son-in law and put some Aquila GCEA strings for bari on it and it totally transformed it. I love playing that $50 uke whenever I visit. lesson for me is don't give up on a uke until you try some different strings on it.

My first was a $45 Lanakai soprano and I still enjoy plunking around on it. Then I pull out the Martin C1K and it sounds incredible. Then I go to Uke Club and a lady there has her Kanilea Super Concert and that thing looks and sounds simply AMAZING! 'Course, she's a good player too...

I think this thread has a certain ammount of 'overlap',with the
repeated threads we get about 'why have more than one ukulele?'
I have three handmade,luthier built ukes in my home. Yet I still play
my 'cheap and nasty' ones,as the mood takes me! I find that to me,
certain songs/tunes sound better,or more appropriate,on certain
instruments. My home made reso is fine for blues,(which I built it
for in the first place!) But some of my other ukes are also fine on
this or that song. So which is the best uke? Well usually,the one I
happen to be playing at the moment.Best for me, for the song I am
playing,best to suit the mood,or the feel of the piece.
Just my opinion!

At the local uke meet I notice more than a few people are playing mya moe's. I can't say myself how good they are. I always want to show up to those meets with the nastiest and cheapest (but well intoned) ukulele I can get my hands on. Well intoned the the challenging part.

Remember...

The "K" brand Ukes, don't necessarily mean a better Sounding instrument but, a Quality made instrument.

Remember...

The "K" brand Ukes, don't necessarily mean a better Sounding instrument but, a Quality made instrument.

at some point, however, you are buying a name, not just a ukulele. no i don't know at what point that is.

There is no best, only play.

The simple answer is.. "MINE" :cool: :eek:

There really is only one answer to the question "what is truly the best ukulele?", & that is " the one you play!" :)

I agree with that. The best ukulele that money can buy, but sits in its case most of the time, is inferior to an inexpensive ukulele that sees daily play.

Just to point out that this is an old thread that has been revivified by someone plugging their fake Amazon-affiliates-scam blog.

Still a good topic! :p Gotta make the best of the spammer necro-ing old threads.

Top Bottom