Welcome . . .

Thanks for the welcome. I'm delighted to have found this site; looks like it will be a useful and inspiring resource. I'm quite a newbie on the uke - my first stringed instruments. Visiting my dad in Florida for a few days, I have some time to mess around with my lovely uke (concert size) ... learning chords and strumming patterns and have been looking at some Youtube vids for instruction ... and am generally having a happy time. Am looking forward to learning much more, to improving, to gaining confidence playing and singing!

Thank you. I'm glad to be here. I've had my Kala A/E concert uke for a year now, and I want to learn how to play the uke properly.

I've been lurking in this forum for 2 months now, and finally decided to join. There's so much wealth of information here, and I've learned a TON since I discovered it. On the other hand, it feels so good to know that I'm not the only one struggling through my initial learning curve in the uke world. It helps to validate my feelings, and I'm so fortunate to learn from both newbie and experts alike. I started playing the uke when I brought back my first purchased uke (Alegre concert made by a local family of luthiers) from Cebu, Philippines after visiting my family. Since then, I have acquired Koaloha concert KCM, and a Ho'okani soprano made by Hawaiian native lutheir Reid Shigemura. So far I am enjoying strumming and singing and it truly is a stress-reliever for me. Nothing beats singing with the uke for me! :)

Last edited:
I am enjoying strumming and singing and it truly is a stress-reliever for me. Nothing beats singing with the uke for me! :)
It's the best stress reducer for me too, I love to sing and the Ukulele has been a wonderful partner to me for that. I joined here 2 years ago when I got my uke, but for some reason it sat resting in it's case for a long time after. I decided this is the year I take it out and learn how to play it for real. It's going great on my second attempt to learn, and I joined UU+ so I'm getting the foundation instruction I need.

Last edited:
Hello from the high desert of Arizona. I am a beginner!!! Instead of trying to learn how to play, I collected several ukuleles. Just got back from Hawaii, took a lesson on strumming! Now I want to seriously learn how to play! Glad to join UU and hopefully I can pick up many pointers from members. Thanks!

Excellent Forum, many thanks to the UU VIPs.
Got my first playable uke last Christmas - oh my!
:D

Hey all,

First time poster. I've been playing uke for 2 years and I love it. I'm a lifelong musician, so it was great learning something new. I'm a teacher by profession. I even teach uke to second language learners to help with their reading comprehension. #ukeon

New Uke player

Hello from Texas! I just purchased a banjo ukulele last week. I am having fun learning how to play. Thanks for the web site and all of the assistance.

Hi there! I have been playing uke for for a little while and love it! I am happy to have found this forum.

Hi All,
Michael in Connecticut here...thrilled to find this extensive resource. Recently joined UU+ and while I could never really get started with the uke in the past, I have not been able to put it down this time. Happy to learn from the experience in this group.
Peace,
Michael

Hi, My name is Sue and I live in Guernsey, Channel Islands. At the ripe old age of 72, I decided to learn to play ukulele, having never played another instrument! So I don't read music but the tabs are just fine. I have a Riptide tenor with built-in tuner but am having difficulty using this. Sounds stupid, I know but I just need to know how to operate the tuner. Any help would be so much appreciated.

New guy here. I posted a hello thread with pics, twice. The second time it showed everything. Then I went back in and it looks like it got nuked or content erased.
Any ideas... remember, new guy here.

hi all--i'm a recovering guitar player. 68. in fauquier county virginia, usa. i also play chromatic harmonica and a few runs on bass.

enjoy jazz standards. i teach anyone who wants to learn. and i get cheap ukes and set them up and give them to new players. always looking for another friend to make music with.

Hey All, I just signed up to UU. I have made 2 tenor ukes using Matthias Wandel's plans and am currently working on a uke bass copy of Kala measurements. Blog 8shotoflove8 (google it). I've made plenty of mistakes and learned well by them. My Uncle gave me a 1920s Kamaka soprano, so sweet, his Mom's and he's 91. I'm just learning to play, two songs, Puff and Black Magic Woman, slowly, just cords. I look forward to interesting things to learn.
Thanks, Dan Porter

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and I'm glad to be part of this forum. Looking forward for great community. Have a great day!

Thanks for the warm welcome. From the heart of Wisconsin, near the Mississippi River.

Top Bottom