Welcome . . .

Congratulations on your new ukulele. Welcome to the UU forums. You will find this a helpful and friendly community.

thanks for da welcome!!! looking forward to learning more from this site!!!

Hello :)
I'm from Poland and today I've bought my first ukelele - Lanikai U-11. I'm very excited about it. Hopefully, I'll have lots of fun with it.
I'm really glad I found this forum, I can feel that it'll provide me with tones of useful information :)

Aloha! :)

I don't know why I didn't find this site earlier, but here I am. In 1973, I found myself in a situation about to teach ukulele to almost 2000 kids per week, in a school system that employed itinerant music teachers. I only played guitar at the time but I was given a cheap uke for my classes and on which to learn. That was added to with a Kamaka Koa sop (Honolulu visit 1979) and a broken but repaired Alcivar banjo uke. Both are in great shape to this day. Now, I'm the leader of a seniors' band and I find the ukulele has a versatile place for instrumentation. Now, I have to use it, try to remember what I used to know, and learn much, much more, here. :D ....but I'll still play with my Martin custom D41 and my Blackbird Rider. :D

Aloha!! I have always been fond of this melodious instument and have recently been looking for just such a place where i/us can meet and make beautiful music together!! Mahaloz to all who have made such an event possible!!!

Greatings to frllow ukers

:D I have been playing for about 8 months after I watched Jake's video. My first uke was an Ohana tenor that I worked on for quite awhile to make the action suit me. I then made myself a soprano from a kit. This started me on the road to UAS and I am now fully infected. With the help of Glen Rose I am now playing jazz ukulele and learning some thing new every day. I would like to advise new ukers to persevere, and after practising for 8 or so hours a day you too could eventually have callusses like a rhino's hide on your fingers.
1oSyQ.gif

On behalf of the Staff and Moderators, we welcome you to 'Ukulele Underground. There is an abundant wealth of information within the forums as well as knowledgeable members willing to assist in your journey to become a better player. We hope all of you find this site beneficial and will continue to be an active participant in our community. Should you require assistance, feel free to contact us via PM and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Again, Welcome!

The UU Staff (Past & Present)
Aldrine Guerrero
Anaka
buddhuu
Fred Miu
Grumpy Coyote
HaileISela
Kanaka916
Melissa82
NukeDoc
Rayan
Seeso
UkuleleHill
Ukulele JJ
wickedwahine11

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the welcome look forward to learning from all in UU welcom from Thailand

I would love to introduce my self...buy the way Thanks for welcome.
I'll hope you all give me a good company.

Last edited:
I've been a member for a while, now. Should have responded to the welcome long ago. I think I've been too busy playing, practicing, learning from UU. Thank you. I'm a fire fighter/engineer in suburban Chicago and am looking at retirement in about four years. After discovering a love for the ukulele (on my 50th birthday) I look forward to the time with my ukes.

Hello peeps. New to ukes and am still learning.. Please ignore my avatar it is my gravatar for Battlelog :).

I would like to say thanks to Aldrine & co for providing so much info and help for everybody. Too much to take in so far:).

See ya around

Mahalo for the Welcome to the Underground, we'll just keep pick'in on and have fun. Aloha Bama

Hello to everyone. I newly join this very informative forum. I really very happy to join this very informative forum. I found it very interesting specially for new users, like me. This forum really full of interest.

Hello everybody! I'm new here and didn't want to open a new thread just to say "hi" :) My name is Preston and I'm from Dallas. I play a little bit guitar, but lately I became fascinated with the ukulele and realized that I NEED this instrument, no matter what... but before I do an impulse buy, I would rather check some online communities at first and gain more information :) and now I'm here!

Welcome :) I think like everyone else on this forum for some time I'm fascinated by the ukulele. My name is Catherine and I hope that I learn something new :)

Hello everybody! I am new in this forum and in playing the ukulele too. Sherwin here, i'm from the Philippines. :)

welcome

Hi guys!
Very very welcome, I think we are full enjoy with this forum.
Thanks

I hope you guys aren't all trolls who just made this site to make fun of me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom