Harley Benton Eleuke SC100 PHP

bazmaz

Reaction score
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_sc100_php_ukulele.htm

Can anyone help with this - I have spied this eleuke on Thomanns website - its a rebadged eleuke with the Harley Benton name, but looking at their full range, they are identical - and what a great price (£65!)

The model names, including this one, follow the acutal Eleukes too.

My question is this though - does this one have the mp3 input (ie, is it the newer version) - the spec doesnt say so, but the others do. When I check the spec of the SC100 on eleukes website though, it says it does - and even the pictures on Thomann show it!!

Before you say, I have emailed them, but not had any response (probably because I dont speak German!)

Can anyone confirm?

Not a confirmation, but if you compare the price to the newer models, it is very well possible that this one is cheap because it is the older non-mp3 model.
Not answering your emails because of a language issue? You can convert their site to almost any European language possible! I would resend your request. If there is still no answer, that is a customer service issue.

Wow, they have a lot of stuff... I almost got me a bouzouki ;)

tried em again, no response.

Yes, the price suggests its the cheaper one, but the pictures show two sockets! And, that said, Thomann sometimes have some stunning deals, so it might be the newer one.

Come on Thomann!

Some of the older eleukes (non mp3 models) have a 1/4 jack for an amp and another for headphones to hook up to. So it may not be a mp3 model. I would think if the spec for the others do say it is a mp3 model and this one does not specify a mp3 model it probably is not the mp3 model.

no, in the pics it shows 1/4 jack, and two smaller 3.5mm jacks side by side, marked HP and MP3.

I'm thinking its a newer picture, but for the price, must be older uke - confusing

Update!

Email from Thomann - that model is the new one with the MP3 jack and Headphone jack (ie the better quality control one)

I'm stunned by the price - a Eleuke for £65 (£74 delivered)

Surely that is tough price to beat. Might buy two!

STOP PRESS

In fact, I like the price so much, I just bought one!

Last edited:
In fact, I like the price so much, I just bought one!

So have I!
I've been looking at this for a week or two and couldn't decide if I really needed an electric uke. I was ordering an amp from Thomann anyway so I added this to the order. Bargain price with free shipping for me.

Ian.

need? since when does need come into UAS?? :)

Seriously, for the price, with nice gig bag, couldnt see how I could not buy it!

Damnation!
Even with the exchange rate and shipping, that's temptingly affordable even for the United States.
Of course the idea of getting some other things while I'm at it is what's compelling. Brukos not being an easy thing to get here.

i bought a Bruko 6 from this website - arrived in impeccable condition

Good shop all round

Woah! that is cheap! im very tempted and my friend said i could have a free amp i just dont really see the point of it currently. . . (this is where i need someone to justify it for me)

Last edited:
Well, from what I have read...

Its a well made Uke, that makes plugging in a breeze. Gives a different sound to a uke, but still uke tuning, plus you can plug in headphones and play silently

And.... I think it looks kinda cool

£65 for a solid electric uke with a decent gig bag isnt bad in anyones eyes. I've seen entry level Mahalos with hard cases going on ebay for £45!!

sorry no necro this tread but paul have you ever had troubles with paypal with thomann. because I've got some issues with it xD and the international bank transfer isn't going too fast even with this day and age :p

I'm really tempted to buy one, please let me know what you think of it when it arrives.

Top Bottom