Bourrée on Two Ukuleles

Buddy McCue

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlF2AAnWv8w

The first half of Bourrée from J. S. Bach's Lute Suite (BWV 996.)

This video is kind of an experiment. I'm not used to multi-tracking, but I found this process easy to do. I recorded the first part, and played that back on the TV, and then videotaped the second part of me and the TV playing together.

I'm playing my Oscar Schmidt concert uke, and I have it tuned in fifths, like a mandolin. I replaced the high G string with a string from an old oud set that I had, and tuned it to a low Eb. The tuning then, low to high, is Eb, Bb, F, C.

At first, I was worried about tuning the ukelele's A string all the way up to C, but it seems to be doing OK.

OK, that was an awesome video! I loved it. I love Bach, and that piece anyway, but the whole thing was cool. I liked the video of your left hand in the background doing the accompaniment. I am about to start experimenting with multi-tracking myself. I am working on some Christmas carols and some Easter music. I just hope my life slows down enough to give me time to practice and put some stuff on video.

I want to use multi-tracking to add accompaniment from additional instruments, particularly my Favilla baritone and a Harmony tenor guitar.

Top Bottom