How to play G/F# Chord?

If you can keep the moving line that is needed, you could use the 0222 GMa7, then go to a 0202 G6, run back up and play again. It's not in the bass, but it's as close as you're gonna get on a re-enrant uke.

_____2__2_____2__2_____2__2___________
__3__3__3__2__2__2__0__0__0_____0__2__
_____2__2_____2__2_____2__2__2________
_____0__0_____0__0_____0__0___________

Can I make a Suggestion? I was trying to work out this bad boy chord in the bridge of MoonGlow in C.

So I came up with: (G7)We seemed to(G9)float right(Gb9)the(E7)air. It's a lovely walk down.

G9, according to the Jazzy Ukulele workbook is 4555, therefore Gb9 is 3444.

I tried it and it works in this particular song. At least I think it does. I'm a jazz singer by trade and this voicing seems to be pretty groovy.

I hope this helps.

How do you play a G/F# chord on a GCEA tuned uke?

How, for that matter, do you interpret chords formed from 2 notes like that?

Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• Me-Tiara-for-web.jpg
    Me-Tiara-for-web.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
Can I make a Suggestion? I was trying to work out this bad boy chord in the bridge of MoonGlow in C.

So I came up with: (G7)We seemed to(G9)float right(Gb9)the(E7)air. It's a lovely walk down.

I tried it and it works in this particular song. At least I think it does. I'm a jazz singer by trade and this voicing seems to be pretty groovy.

I hope this helps.

Nah, It's better like this:

(G7)We .... (G9)seemed to(Gb9)float right(F9) through the(E9)air.

... and that'd be moonglow in G not C.

I hope this helps.

G7 2nd position 5354?

Top Bottom