How did you end up here?

Mele

I bought my first ukulele last week at the Mele retail store in Maui. I asked Cheryl for some online resources for learning ukulele. She told me it seems like everyone who came in said they learned to play the uke in UU, and that I should check it out.

I am glad she told me about this. UU is great!

-D

-

I used google and found this forum. After finding the uke minutes I never left :)

I was watching some youtube video about a week ago and a guy posted the link to this forum and I decided to join since I wanted to learn how to play

I stumbled upon the Humble Uker site and they mentioned that Ukulele Underground and Ukulele Hunt were the top 2 uke sites on the web. I figured I'd check both out and was excited to see there's an active forum here. I've been looking at social ukulele places online to get my ukulele fix. I only know a few songs so far and I like hearing other people's tales of adventure and music.

When I decided I was going to buy a uke, I did a search for uke forums and found several, but this forum was so eccentric with various tastes in music and so much activity that it seemed like the right (virtual) place to be - and it is!!!!

I bought my first uke eighteen months ago after watching that viral video of Jake Shimabukuro that went around of him playing while my guitar gently weeps, and after following Julia Nunes' channel on youtube.

I was familiar with guitars before I picked up the uke, so I had a bit of a head start. Found this website simply to see what other uke players are doing, and hopefully improve my style, technique and performance. This looked like a great place to do all that, with a welcome community to boot. I figured why not!

on YouTube, embarassingly, searching through beginner 'how to' videos. lol I just bought my ukulele yesterday. I'm admittingly a bit of a slow learner but I've already got down about 11 basic chords. needless to say, I'm a little proud of myself haha so thanks!

I was on a quest for self-improvement, and decided to enroll in Union University (Tennessee). So I did a Google search for U.U. and signed up.

Every time I had a uke question and typed it into Google, it always led me to UU forums! I don't even know how many times wound up on here perusing the answers to my question that had previously been asked in the forums!

slippers

I found these really cool ruby red slippers and put them on, clicked the heels together a few times and ended up here. Why are the people so small????

Watched a couple of Aldrine's videos. Always a great fun!

Great information. It is normal for a business to explore and expand. Because people want something different and want to know backgrounds of company that they will trust.

When I started searching for a ukulele online I always ended up finding links to UU and I figured it was worth checking this site out, Im so glad that I did!

Just looking online for ways to learn about the ukulele. I started playing 5 months ago.

I don't remember exactly, but it probably went something like this:
I was trying to figure out a song so I googled it and one of the results led me here. After I looked at the forum for a while I thought "Wow. I need to be a part of this."

Top Bottom