How did you end up here?

Back in year 2000 when I first took up the uke, I used to post all the time on the Flea Market Music bulletin board. I was a very active poster there for quite some time. After playing uke almost exclusively for close to 5 years, I ended up getting asked to play in a couple of bands and I gravitated back towards electric guitars and basses.

Recently my hands and other ailments/aches and pains have made me set down guitars and basses permanently. Since I have no choice but to make music on something, I turned back to the ukulele (and now wonder why I ever set it down since I enjoy it so much.)

For a time I posted at Ukulele Cosmos, but when I started poking around online recently, the UU forum seems to be the most active and it sure is full of great folks.

A friend mentioned that she'd like to learn to play the ukulele. We talked about it and poked around online and on May 19 (2016) I bought my first (a concert Cordoba). Fast forward to now (late July) and I have received my latest uke, a Caramel Sopranino. In between the first and the last, I bought 3 others, mostly just for fun — but they've turned out to be pretty good for the price.

As for how I ended up here (i.e., in the forums), I googled for info on tuning the sopranino and one of the hits led me to the UU forums. I can see that reading all the great info here is going to be a huge time suck, but an enjoyable one.

I bought a ukulele two days ago. I was looking at flashcards on quizlet.com to learn, and there was a note there that some of the pictures were courtesy of ukuleleunderground.com. So I came to check it out, and I'm going to try it.

Don't feel like posting a brand new thread, so I'll just say that I found out about y'all because I took my dad's Yamaha 60C uke (which I had been playing on for a couple months) to my local Sam Ash. The guys there were genuinely excited at seeing an old instrument (I never realized its value outside of its obvious age) and in looking it up online they came across the forums. So I came home that night and decided to join. Cheers!

A fellow amateur radio club member, while at a recent club meeting, mentioned that he'd like to learn to play the ukulele.
I took his thought home with me, with the intention of doing some research for him, as a long-time guitar/fiddle player, to present to him information he might need to make informed decisions about uke playing.

I looked at uke reviews, visited uke-related websites, watched and listened to YouTube videos by the likes of Jake and Honoka/Azita, and in no time I was hooked. Darn! It happened again! I've 4 guitars, 2 violins, numerous harmonicas with a "Shaker" mic and a "Pignose" amp, pennywhistles/tinwhistles, and darn! I'm hooked again!

Amazon's best rated (over 300 verified purchaser reviews, 4.8*, 100% seller satisfaction reviews)uke is the "Lohanu" brand. I bought a concert size, then almost immediately his bigger brother, a tenor, joined the family. I've had these ukes for about 10 days now, and I'm loving them - no need for a Kanilea (yet). Each of these instruments cost less than $100, yet they are providing me with a great amount of playing pleasure - great investments indeed!

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Mahalo Mike :eek:

Looking for info on my Caramel CT102A which I have had for 3 weeks. My first ever uke. I have already ordered another solid wood Caramel with electronics. I think this may be the beginning of a problem.

Dooke

Hi, I'm Jerry; I asked a question on google, and this site seemed to know what I was asking.

I found you on YouTube. Thank you so much for all the great information you share in a way that I get it! Mahalo plenty!

Its like I had this feeling, a soul pull by something extraordinary and divine. An energy which made me type random keys on my keyboard and when i woke up form my deep trance, I saw the register here page for Ukulele Underground!! I was SAVED :)
Short Version: internet search about best Ukulele communities :p

I'm a guitar and bass player....noob @ ukulele. I just did a google search for ukulele forum this was the first one that popped up.

Thanks for the add....

After the third or fourth time I was directed to a UU board after typing a question into yahoo, I thought maybe I'd sign up,,, because I need one more way for ukulele to occupy my free time.

ahoy

stumbled here looking for ukulele sites
just starting out
got to keep my old brain and fingers working
uke seems a fine fun way to to it

dit dit mac

My friend and yours, Mr. Google sent me here. :D

Youtube, back when I bought my first uke 5 years ago. Only now getting around to joining. Yes, I'm a bit of a procrastinator.

I love classical guitar, but wanted something i can play w in the car or somewhere outside. I wanted something of good value and buy a few ones that appealed to me. That was it.

Last edited:
I was looking for ukulele forums so I can learn new tricks lol. This looks like symb.ph by the way.

-Hikaru 28 ph

Top Bottom