How did you end up here?

May 22, 7:30 am I watched a music segment on the news and a girl was playing a ukulele. I thought..."hey, that looks like it might be fun and possibly easier than guitar." (wasn't sure). So I began to research. One thing led to another in my internet research and by mid afternoon I was here. By 6:00 pm the next day I purchased a uke. Funny how things happen.

I was looking for information on how to tighten a loose jack on a Kala f hole tenor uke.

Hi, from Alberta, Canada :). Lookin' up information on string spacing for a Tenor Ukulele build (solid body electric) and Ukulele Underground popped up. :)

Hello all, found UU while browsing YouTube looking for ukulele tutorials. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

I was researching uke on internet so I found UU, Best regards to everyone.

My wife has been watching this Youtube series "VlogAfterCollege" for the longest time now mainly for the corgi dog "Gatsby". The guy, Ryen, plays the ukulele in every episode and we just fell in love with it. His latest video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8XMqN-bLaw

I've been hooked ever since and after googling for a popular message boards, I found my new home, UU!

I was looking up information on wooden ukulele tuners when I found a thread on here about them, and thought to myself "Self, I should join this forum"
Myself replied "ok" That kinda freaked me out a bit, so after a shot of scotch I joined.....

Just about every ukulele-related topic I was interested in or question I put into Google led me here so I finally decided to take the plunge.

Last edited:
Since I got an Ukulele in Februars as a birthdaygift i played nearly every day. And in Tirol/ Austria are hardly any teachers to find. So i had to learn by myself ... But watching your videos came really close to teaching. Big THX for that.
My Uke was definitely the best and mostly used present I ever got ... I am really happy that I found back to making Music. Jippie.
Greetz from the mountains

Recently (re) discovered ukulele when a bass player friend suddenly showed up playing a concert. Built two CB Ukes; Soprano then Concert and found the tone lacking. Bought a cheap Donnor tenor and finally strung it with a low G. Having a blast! Have not picked up guitar in four months. Listening to youtube lessons and teachers I discovered UU. Now researching next tenor here on UU Forum. Thanks!

Surprised I didn't post on this thread before. In June of 2013 I bought a cheap uke that looked like my Fender Telecaster guitar just to hang next to it. A couple weeks later I got a postcard for the next Music Center Play-Alomg which I attended a couple of times for guitar, but this time it was for ukulele. Since I had one, I decided to participate.

On the first day there were a good 300 people, and by the end of the day I was hooked. When I got home I searched the web for ukulele forums and immediately found UU. signed up for UU VIP from the start.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Built a uke and we sold it, got a fine review here and decided to join... Amazed at the review. Makes me want to build more even if its like $2 bucks an hour by time time they are done, HAHA!

Hi everybody ! I'm Ben & I'm going to be part of ukulelish band ^^
I'm looking for a good ukulele tenor and everytime I've been searching so far, this forum had the best answer to my questions ! So I'm really glad to have signed up and i'm going to post my own topic for a question between ukuleles I need your help ! :)

See you round

Ben

Top Bottom