How did you end up here?

omg scratch my first post about how I got here. I remember now haha I watched NDtitanlady's video of her doing a cover: "First Day of My Life" and then it linked to Aldrine's Youtube Page (I was like Ooooh I remember him from hella years ago playing Glamorous Sky on the uke! haha), and I saw the Kala KA-S giveaway video and I was like "oooh I want!" but sadly I was too late by a few days and didn't join the forums.. haha but yea I joined later on obviously. xP

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!

Saw Aldrine's video on YouTube last summer with him playing Mario / Zelda on the Ukulele! My dad always had a ukulele around the house when I was growing up but not one really played.

Decided that I need to learn an instrument (Besides recorder hahah!) and Ukulele had to be it.

Fate.

Well... actually, I stumbled across it thanks to Woodshed during the first competition... and have been hooked since.

On a whim, Trina, Alden and I went to the Berkeley Ukulele Club at Mike Dasilva's shop. Met Fred Miu and JosephBautista there. Fred told me i should check out the website and now i'm hooked!

This website has been so helpful and the forum members are super cool. Thanks to Ryan, Aldrine and the rest of the UU family.

After I bought my first ukulele I came home and did a bit of searching on Google and YouTube to try to find some tutorials. That same evening I found the Uke Hunt site, Dominator's site, and the I Am Hawaii site, and I'm not sure which one led me to the UU site, but one of them did, and then I found the forums and there goes two hours of my day each day now :D

I saw a video on youtube of Jake doing a little thing for UU, so i checked out the website. Been in love with it ever since, hah.

i watched gutings is this love, figured out how to play it, and played it at ukulele class when my teacher said i should check it out

I began thinking of buying a Uke after hearing one in some tunes I was listening to. I love the sound, the cultural identity, the island/surf/spiritual vibe I get when I hear one. I think it's a very special instrument. I began searching other forum sites in early May reading reviews. UU exhibits a friendly inviting (maybe Aloha?) spirit where some other sites can exhibit a contentious spirit. That's no bull. I want to learn, and the UU spirit invites me, so I'm here. I hope that isn't too "Out there". :)

Bored ==> Julia ==> Seeso ==> Aldrine ==> Jake ==> Bought a uke ==> Needed to learn ==> Ukulele Underground

Iamhawaii.

I actually had the site bookmarked for a while when there was nothing here but a "Coming Soon."

I only joined the forum during the first contest. I'd been resisting joining the forum 'cause I already goof off too much on the internerds.

Google got me here...

I'm just thinking back to that fateful moment watching the Beatles Anthology. Man George did make that uke look fun. And guitar always seemed ridiculously huge, and now even more so.

But my husband, confusing it with this God-awful lute/mandolin thing his dad has, said "No, the strings are really close to together and they're doubled up, it's really really hard to play."

Because I listened to him, I put it out of my mind for years, until a was watching the flash intro over at Bathys Hawaii. A watch is what woke me up to ukes.

I had to sell one of those Bathys to get the Uklectic, but I ain't regrettin' it, fine watch though it was.

Top Bottom