* What year was it made? Where was is made? 2009, I think. California
* How many frets? 19
* Solid-Top? Laminated top? Solid redwood
* Any pickups or electronics? nope
* Body and neck woods? back and sides - lacewood with inlays, neck mahogany with inlays. Cocobolo fretboard, headstock cap and bridge.
* Finish satin
* Body style Tenor
* Bridge style string-thru/bridge pins
* Tuners Grover open geared
* How does it suit your music style (and what is that style)? It's more mellow than koa but doesn't lack in volume
* What amps and effects are you using it with? n/a
* Is it noisy? On what settings? n/a
* Rich/Full sound? Bright sound? Full and rich. very balanced.
Action, Fit & Finish
* How well was the ukulele set-up at the factory? (How was the action?) Action starts low and moves up to med/low. it's very playable!
* Properly bookmatched top? yes
* Properly routed bridge? yes, very clean.
* Did the ukulele contain any flaws? (misaligned bracing, poorly filed fretwire, finish flaws, poor quality wood, rusted or oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, poorly fit saddle, noisy pickup selector, loose controls, etc...) I guess. It's a handmade piece so it's not perfect. Nothing detracts from the beauty, playability or sound of the uke though. The flaws add character.
* Will this ukulele withstand live playing? I think so
* Does the hardware seem like it will last? Yes
* Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? the satin finish is very nice. it deosn't seem over-finished and plasticy
* Can you depend on it? i think so
* Would you use it on a gig without a backup? probably
* If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they? I bought the uke through Buffalo Brothers guitars. They seem like great people. They were quite friendly and took the time to answer all my questions as well as provide sound samples over the phone.
* Ever try and get it repaired? n/a
* Was it under warranty? n/a
* How long is the warranty not sure if there is one
* How long have you been playing? 20 months
* What other gear do you own? too much
* Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this ukulele? if they could send me all 3 of them
* If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else? I'd buy another in a heartbeat
* What do you love about it? beautiful woodwork, awesome sound, great playability
* What do you hate? that i don't have more of them......yet
* What is your favorite feature? hard o say. it's a very complete package.
* Did you compare it to other ukuleles? Which ones? no, pretty much blindly bought it
* Why did you choose this one? shore wuz purty
* Anything you wish it had? a case full of money
* Anything else you'd like to share? go buy one!
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2958BLfdGA