Pono PTM-E (Solid Mango Tenor) w/ hard case!

psesinkclee

Reaction score
Pono PTM-E (Solid Mango Tenor) w/ hard case! [reduced price]

Hey all,

I've got to thin the herd a bit b/c my backseat is full of ukes when I move to and from uni haha.

This is an awesome uke that I got from UkeRepublic in September. Its has a really full sound and sounds great acoustic and plugged in.

You can read my review of it here.

Here are some videos of me using it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIBGH0NhxE0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqM7RNFxfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd9oNhQ_ZfU

I purchased it for 700$. I'm looking to sell it for 450$ (shipping within the continental US included, shipping elsewhere will cost a bit more). It comes with a hard case and is strung with Worth Brown LowGs (I can swap it for high G if you want). If this sells fast I will also throw in a ukulele chord book and some spare sets of strings from other brands.

3856142876_dc391f51b3.jpg

3856143100_569536698c.jpg

3856143330_f98d25154a.jpg

Last edited:
Would you like a Laguna LD Series LD1 Little Brat Acoustic Guitar?

It's 3/4 size.

Let me know what you think.

Paul,

I also own a F52SWCE. Great Guitar. Washburns are a great product in their price point. I also own a WD-9SW. They are hard to find now but would fit the bill as far as what you are looking for. I travel a LOT and have never been denied overhead storage.

How about a Taylor Big baby.......

send me a pm....

wow! what a fantastic looking uke!

man! that looks sweet! but a sure cure for any uas is not having any money. if you'd like to trade it for a really great lanikai tenor uke, just let me know. what wood is that? :shaka:

I think I come to this post everyday looking at this uke. If only... lol.

it's mango.

and stunningly beautiful.

but you got it for 700$? I mean mine didn't come with electronics and was 350€... that's a huge difference IMO...

How much would that be in USD? I remember when paul got this uke b/c I got my 8 string at same time. That was the going rate for the spalted mangos that weren't blemished. I think the pick up added about 50$

That's a tad over $500 with the current exchange rate. The passive undersaddle P/U from Ko'olau is $150 and the active is $250.

Still up for grabs :)

I've settled on the parlor guitar I'm going to get for travel (a Art and Lutherie Ami) because of great reviews and the fact that there is a dealer near me that I can order it from and try out before buying.

I'm willing to drop the price to 450$ (still with free shipping in the CON.US included by either UPS or USPS, your choice). Also throwing in a ukulele chord book and some spares sets of strings of varying brands with it too.

I am leaving for Costa Rica for some research in the rainforests on wednesday, but please just shoot me a PM here or email me at pr03sesi(at)siena(dot)edu and I'll do my best to get back to you asap. I should have some limited internet access at some of my sites but otherwise I'll be back around January 16th and will let you know whats up (first pm/email gets it).

Last edited:
That' not much of a price drop by my maths. Any idea how much to send it to Australia? I got a full sized quitar sent over from the states and it was really cheap freight (can't remember exactly how much right now) and got here in less than 3 days. I can't get a shop down the road to send it much quicker.

That' not much of a price drop by my maths. Any idea how much to send it to Australia? I got a full sized quitar sent over from the states and it was really cheap freight (can't remember exactly how much right now) and got here in less than 3 days. I can't get a shop down the road to send it much quicker.

I'll cover shipping to australia included in the cost, shouldn't be too much more. I'm trying to sell this fast so I can pay off my last big purchase :eek:

it's mango.

and stunningly beautiful.

but you got it for 700$? I mean mine didn't come with electronics and was 350€... that's a huge difference IMO...

In defense of the original poster, I purchased mine from MGM for $675. I think it was $25 less because I didn't have to pay sales tax (online order). The Pono spalted mango ukes are a good buy. I've heard people speak negatively about the pickup, but mine works just fine with or without a pre-amp in the signal chain. The $450 he's asking is a steal if you like spalted mango ukes. I know I can't build one for less!

Top Bottom