Using a Uke Thong on a Flea soprano

Sambient

Reaction score
I don't know why I'm not really understanding the directions when it comes to using the Uke Thong with a Flea.
Can anyone clarify better?

For Pineapples, Flukes and Fleas, run the webbing forward, parallel with the fretboard, and then behind the neck.

I'm somehow not comprehending this properly.

Because there's no bout on a flea (or pineapple), the straps runs from the soundhole towards the fingerboard, under the fingerboard, around the neck, and up to your neck.
Hope that makes sense :)

Because there's no bout on a flea (or pineapple), the straps runs from the soundhole towards the fingerboard, under the fingerboard, behind the neck, and up to your neck.
Hope that makes sense :)

Behind the neck - not back around it. Yes, that makes a lot more sense than the description Sambient quoted which I agree was completely vague and incomprehensible.

PaulGeo's description makes much more sense.
Thanks RevWill for reassuring me that that printed description was a bit muddled.

Of course, in the meantime I'd settled on a different solution for señor flea. I took advantage of that little hanger on the back and a lanyard type item with a hook that was around the house.
Still, good for me to get a good explanation on how to use the uke thong on a pineapple shape, because it's only a matter of time before I add a proper pineapple to the collection.

Using a hook lanyard with that little dealie on the back of the Flea's neck is probably way more comfortable than a crooked uke thong anyway. On my Fluke I would be likely to use Velcro on the back.

Top Bottom