Where do you keep your Ukes?

I keep mine on the kitchen table...That seems to be the centralized hang out spot!

Mine sits against the wall on top on the chest of drawers in the bedroom. Safe from little hands but not so much from the cat who likes to jump up there when he wants my attention. He doesn't do anything, just jumps up there to torment me.
"I'm on ur cabinet, threatening to knock over ur uke."

Mine stays in a padded box locked up in an industrial-strength safe, which is placed in a secure underground vault surrounded by a moat whose entrance is guarded by numerous rabid Rottweilers.

I have one on the wall, and the others are kept in my bookshelves, on top of my books. I will get around to hanging them up eventually, but I keep spending my money on ukuleles instead of on hangers.

Mine are in their cases with their humidifiers, sitting in the middle of the living room floor where they dang well belong.

I have too many of these two critters in my house looking for holes to make a home in. Don't want my 'ukuleles turning into critter condos.
1189341031.jpg

DtellaHouseGecko.JPG

I keep all my 'ukuleles cased and on top my longboard hanging from my bedroom ceiling. Haven't surfed since my first back surgery (just had 3rd).

Ha! that'd be a surprise to stum a chord only to have lizards spill from the f-holes instead of a pretty assembly of notes.

I keep my ukes in the cases, but sometimes I keep my favorite one (it's a Kala lacewood tenor cutaway) propped up next to my desk so I can grab it if I'm too lazy to get one of the others out of their cases. When my new Fluke comes in the mail, I'm going to stand it up on my desk.

You people have some nice ukes and some nice hangers! :)

My Dolphin just gets kicked around the house. My tenor is either propped up against the bookcase beside my seat in our sitting room, or in its case on an armchair in that same room. Same with mandolin and fiddle. I kind of change between instruments several times each evening.

With two dogs, three cats, and a teenage daughter in the house, I keep mine in the safest place possible... It's well out of the way in it's case on top of my record collection.

I used to keep my ukes in their respective cases, until I realized what a waste of money uke cases are. Why spend all that money on cases when you can just buy more ukes instead? I ditched all my cases. Because you know who buys cases? Goobers! Only goobers dump their cash on something so useless.

I liked Deach's uke trough because it keeps all the ukes at arm's length, but didn't feel like spending the time building something. After all, I could be playing my ukes in that time. So I just cut out the formalities and decided to toss all my ukes and uke-related crap into a big uke pile in the middle of the room. No clumsy furniture, no cases I'll never use. Everything's right there and I can pick it up whenever.

IMG_1421.jpg

After a while, I caved in and bought me one of those Herco humidifiers. Wouldn't want any of my ukes to crack.

Should I put the humidifier somewhere in the middle of the pile to maximize its effectiveness?

I'm not allowed to keep them in a big uke pile anymore, so I built a cheap and easy hanger, much like the Aldrine's.

I used to keep my ukes in their respective cases, until I realized what a waste of money uke cases are. Why spend all that money on cases when you can just buy more ukes instead? I ditched all my cases. Because you know who buys cases? Goobers! Only goobers dump their cash on something so useless.

I liked Deach's uke trough because it keeps all the ukes at arm's length, but didn't feel like spending the time building something. After all, I could be playing my ukes in that time. So I just cut out the formalities and decided to toss all my ukes and uke-related crap into a big uke pile in the middle of the room. No clumsy furniture, no cases I'll never use. Everything's right there and I can pick it up whenever.

IMG_1421.jpg

After a while, I caved in and bought me one of those Herco humidifiers. Wouldn't want any of my ukes to crack.

Should I put the humidifier somewhere in the middle of the pile to maximize its effectiveness?

This made me laugh out loud! AWESOME!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Here's where I keep all my ukes. In addition I keep one next to my computer to grab at all times.
8 ukes, and yes, that's a strumstick on the end.
Cheers,
Skottoman

uke_hanger.jpg

Last edited:
Here's where I keep all my ukes. In addition I keep one next to my computer to grab at all times.
8 ukes, and yes, that's a strumstick on the end.
Cheers,
Skottoman

uke_hanger.jpg
That is a cool system!

Top Bottom