Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Concert Ukulele

Default Best Concert Ukulele

I need some help. My birthday is next month and I wanted to get a new ukulele. I would like a concert ukulele that looks good and sound great! One that sounds good and is easy to play. One that is up to professional standards. I would prefer a Hawaiian brand, but it doesn't really matter, all I need is a good concert ukulele. I don't have a price range so anything goes! I was thinking about getting the Kamaka Concert but I wanted to know what the friction tuners are like, I have never really liked them, and also the Urulu Pukana La Concert. But I don't know, then I also know that KoAloha and Kanile'a make good concert ukes. I guess I just want peoples opinions. Sorry if I didn't include much info...
    Last edited by aefyre; 01-17-2010 at 09:17 PM.

I'm not sure if your idea of anything is truly in line with the range of ukulele prices but I'll put in my vote for Kanile'a.

Bear in mind that asking for a recommendation for a "good concert ukulele" with no other criteria isn't going to be that helpful...there's a lot of them out there.
    Last edited by cpatch; 01-17-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” -Berthold Auerbach

Kanile`a Custom T Walnut Tenor "Luana"
    DeVine Maple Concert "Momi"
    Flea Custom Sinker Redwood Concert "Nahele"
    Kanile`a Custom Koa Concert "Joy" (just visiting)

ya man...anybody that loves playing his/her ukulele is gonna think it's the best. for example.

Mines the best! muahahahahaha
    KoAloha super concert (hawaiian brand)

but seriously there are all kinds of good brands out there. iv played a few vintage martins though. they sounded pretty sweet. the one i liked wasn't a concert though it was a baritone. but in the whole shop (buffalo bros in sd, ca) to me it sounded the most cherry. way too pricy however!!!!

Someone's gonna say this soon, so here it goes in advance.

Get a Mainland

Finger Lakes region NY/Carolina Beach, NC

Absolutely LOVE my KoAloha concert. Sounds great, gorgeous to look at, easy to play. It was an impulse buy from MGM after only 5 months of playing uke. Getting used to the friction tuners. They are nice and lightweight as is the KoAloha itself. Don't think you could go wrong with a Kamaka, Kanile'a or KoAloha. Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by guitharsis; 01-17-2010 at 11:11 PM.

If I were looking, I would check out

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/instru...?serialNum=159

I have heard that Koaloha makes a real nice concert ukulele. I have played the Concert sceptre but I don't think I have played the normal Concert uke. But the Best Concert uke I have ever played is ..........

It is Moore Bettah!!!! But if you wanted one you might have a wait for it to be built. Seriously if money is not a concern I would have a uke built by one of many accomplished ukulele luithers.

SEARCH!! This is just another popularity contest.

Haha, I see you know about the Uluru's.

Did you watch Wade's video about them?

I was also appealed to them, and considered buying one, except there doesn't seem to be much information about them. See if you can find out what they are like!
    Kala KA-S
    Takamine S-35

Quote Originally Posted by kissing View Post
    Someone's gonna say this soon, so here it goes in advance.

Get a Mainland
    We're rather biased

Thread Information