Best Concert Ukulele

aefyre

Reaction score
I need some help. My birthday is next month and I wanted to get a new ukulele. I would like a concert ukulele that looks good and sound great! One that sounds good and is easy to play. One that is up to professional standards. I would prefer a Hawaiian brand, but it doesn't really matter, all I need is a good concert ukulele. I don't have a price range so anything goes! I was thinking about getting the Kamaka Concert but I wanted to know what the friction tuners are like, I have never really liked them, and also the Urulu Pukana La Concert. But I don't know, then I also know that KoAloha and Kanile'a make good concert ukes. I guess I just want peoples opinions. Sorry if I didn't include much info...:D

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your idea of anything is truly in line with the range of ukulele prices but I'll put in my vote for Kanile'a.

Bear in mind that asking for a recommendation for a "good concert ukulele" with no other criteria isn't going to be that helpful...there's a lot of them out there.

Last edited:
ya man...anybody that loves playing his/her ukulele is gonna think it's the best. for example.

Mines the best! muahahahahaha
KoAloha super concert (hawaiian brand)

IMG_01361.jpg

but seriously there are all kinds of good brands out there. iv played a few vintage martins though. they sounded pretty sweet. the one i liked wasn't a concert though it was a baritone. but in the whole shop (buffalo bros in sd, ca) to me it sounded the most cherry. way too pricy however!!!!

Absolutely LOVE my KoAloha concert. Sounds great, gorgeous to look at, easy to play. It was an impulse buy from MGM after only 5 months of playing uke. Getting used to the friction tuners. They are nice and lightweight as is the KoAloha itself. Don't think you could go wrong with a Kamaka, Kanile'a or KoAloha. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited:
I have heard that Koaloha makes a real nice concert ukulele. I have played the Concert sceptre but I don't think I have played the normal Concert uke. But the Best Concert uke I have ever played is ..........

attachment.php

It is Moore Bettah!!!! But if you wanted one you might have a wait for it to be built. Seriously if money is not a concern I would have a uke built by one of many accomplished ukulele luithers.

Haha, I see you know about the Uluru's.

Did you watch Wade's video about them?

I was also appealed to them, and considered buying one, except there doesn't seem to be much information about them. See if you can find out what they are like!

I think most solid wood ukes from reputable brands are going to sound pretty good. You can always adjust the setup, so in my opinion it just comes down to appearance. I think anything from Mainland and above should be just fine. From my recollection the best factory made concert uke I've played in terms of sound was a G-String concert, although that particular one sounded better than other examples of G-String concerts (also good) I've tried. All KoAloha concerts I've tried sounded very nice as well. Basically I think if you choose your favorite design and buy from a reputable seller, you'll be happy.

Top Bottom