What happened to Julia Nunes's Bushman??

Looks like she may have UAS! :D

She mentioned to me that the Bushman's pickup didn't work when she played with Ben Folds, so she had to play into a mic and it was hard for people to hear it that way. It looks like she picked up a uke with a more reliable pickup for live shows!

She mentioned to me that the Bushman's pickup didn't work when she played with Ben Folds, so she had to play into a mic and it was hard for people to hear it that way. It looks like she picked up a uke with a more reliable pickup for live shows!

Hmm. I liked the sound of the Kala in this video. Maybe she'll stick with it. A long time ago, Bushman said they were putting out a Nunes signature model, but I never heard about it ever again..

must resist..............

I guess the F-holes are nice, especially for big crowds, but if I were her, I'd be playing with my Bushman in front of the webcam night and day.

(sorry, I couldn't)

must resist..............

I'm with you Deach

I'll just say this: as she makes more money and gains popularity the quality and cost of her ukes will go up until she gets an endorsement deal from a big maker (a Hawaiian K, Compass Rose, Collings, etc.)

I was at the show. She said they gave it to her. I don't know what kind of uke it was, I didn't ask her. It sounded pretty good.

I've got an all-black Kala archtop...regretting that now because we need more sunburst in the ukulele world. But anyway, unplugged, it's deader than a doornail. The one I have wouldn't know what sustain is, if sustain punched it in a bar brawl.

That's the bad. The good is that it's ment to be used plugged in anyway, so what does it matter? The electronics are good enough for my amps anyway, and you can make it sound like whatever you want.

And it the neck feels great to play on, as comfy as a tenor can be. I just wish it was sunburst. Ah well.

Not a fan of the Kala Jazz ukes at all. I played two unplugged and was not at all impressed with either one. They do look cool though. And even though people have been complaining about Bushman, I've played several that I thought were decent enough.

Top Bottom