The No Copyright Claim Cover Campaign

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
All of this copyright talk lately got me thinking about a project or campaign we could do to show support for sebi and those in danger of an account suspension like deach.

The project also had to send a message to the copyright nazis that we cover songs for no other reason than because we love music.

I wanted to do something with a rebel/pirate slant, but I don't want to get anyone into trouble. I also wanted a positive response - one with love and support in its foundation.

So with a little help from the Po-Hoes, I came up with "The No Copyright Claim Cover Campaign."

The campaign is simple.

• Cover an original song by another YouTuber.
  • The YouTuber doesn't have to be a UU member, but that would be awesome if it was.
  • Get permission from that YouTuber to cover his or her song.
  • Give credit to the person you're covering.
  • Provide a link to that person's channel.
  • Post a link to your video in this thread.
  • Extra points if you cover Warner Music Love Song or YouTubers Unite! by sebi, or any song by deach.

A great place to start looking for songs to cover is Grumpy Coyote's "Bring the Song Challenge." Here's a link to those playlists:

Bring the Song CD Challenge!

Bring the Song #2

If you have suggestions of channels with original songs, post them here. If you write a lot of original songs, post your channel here.

We have a lot of members who write great original songs.Take a look at:

adellethegreat
aldrine guerrero
AverseBliss
BaronK69
bornagainjeeper
brit and colin
country mouse
danielle ate the sandwich
deach
DeG
devilishly pure
dirk.li
doogey9
faricelli
grumpy coyote
HaileISela
jason arimoto
jenerallyxspeaking
John Irving
krabbers
lisaxy424
mctrmt
natalielin6
raecarter
raintokeep
russ buss
samwise
shanifawni
shas
uk_e_punk
uke5417
UKISOCIETY
ukulelezo
wade johnston

I'm sure I'm missing some great original UU YouTube songwriters. If I missed someone you love, please post their channel in this thread!

Thanks for reading.

The Playlist

CoLmes - "Thank You For Leaving Me" by Seeso and Twank Star
russ_buss -"The Girl Who Wasn't There" by Grumpy Coyote
UKISOCIETY - "She Left Me In Peace And In Pieces" by Bruce Baird (uke5417)
russ_buss - "My Restless Heart" by deach
CountryMouse - "In My Arms" by adellethegreat
CoLmes - "Books" by John Irving (Link)
dirk.li - "She's Never Alone" by Deach
BarbaryBill - "In Clover" by DearOldNutjob
DeG - "Bug Off" by russ_buss
devilishlypure - "Goodbye Frankie" by danielle ate the sandwich
UkuVinny - "The Song We Never Wrote" by seeso
ukulelezo - "Half the Time" by seeso
sebi - "Heartography" by ukulelezo
SamWise - "Too Late" by Lisaxy424
Ukester Brown - "Kiss Me" by UKISOCIETY
Colin and Brittni - "TYFLM" by Seeso and Twankstar
ukecantdothat - "Plywood Jesus" by WhenDogsSing
russ_buss - "High Dive" by DearOldNutJob
ukulelezo - "Half the Time" by Seeso
veep - "Half the Time" by Seeso
Floyd Blue - "Doggitude" by uke5417
HaileISela - "Stay Up, Stay Lifted" by Seeso and DPG35000
iamdanielle - "Superb" by krabbers
CountryMouse - "Already Gone" by MrPlatypus70
mrplatypus70 - "As Far As The Eyes Can't See" by Rutle

Last edited:
That's a great idea! Do you think we could cover this guy too? He's pretty good.

This is an awesome idea, Seeso! I'm gonna get working on this. :)

If anyone wants to cover any of my original songs, almost all of the chords are up on my website right here.

Last edited:
A small suggestion.
If you want to endear yourself to more people... stop referring to people that you don't agree with as "Nazis".
I believe it hurts the credibility of your effort.
Thanks for your consideration.

Doesn't getting permission from the YouTuber to use his/her song kinda go against the spirit of the protest? I mean if we got permission from the copyright holder YouTube wouldn't have a leg to stand on. But then again I guess this is why you said "rebel/pirate slant without getting into trouble."

I'm just sayin...

Doesn't getting permission from the YouTuber to use his/her song kinda go against the spirit of the protest? I mean if we got permission from the copyright holder YouTube wouldn't have a leg to stand on. But then again I guess this is why you said "rebel/pirate slant without getting into trouble."

I'm just sayin...

I get what you're saying but I think it's main purpose is to really demonstrate that we cover music out of respect/admiration and not for any financial reasons.

Euchre - The same thought ran through my mind.......

I think it would be particularly effective as a protest if the song is covered without permission but with bold due credit to the writer ....and the song writer subsequently contacted the coverer and the rest of the world saying " thank you for appreciating my original work and covering it. I'm glad you got fun from it."........or something similar but more rebeliously incisive!!

Euchre - The same thought ran through my mind.......

I think it would be particularly effective as a protest if the song is covered without permission but with bold due credit to the writer ....and the song writer subsequently contacted the coverer and the rest of the world saying " thank you for appreciating my original work and covering it. I'm glad you got fun from it."........or something similar but more rebeliously incisive!!
In print, that's exactly how it should look. For the purposes of the protest, the obtaining of permission doesn't need to be public, just the thank you. But that doesn't mean we can't give each other the courtesy of the heads-up.

Seeso = genius.

This works for me.

I like this idea! Kudos, Seeso.

JJ

Well I've picked a couple of originals that I want to destro ....sorry cover. So is there going to be a single YT locatio/video response chain or is it a post and hope for awareness? If it's a protest ....let's make it easy for the mand to find!

Stew

Good question. I'll make a playlist, and I'll update the first post with every video that's part of the campaign.

Top Bottom