My First Ukulele (and little tune written with it!)

Daniel Davis

Reaction score
Hiya. I've been playing uke for about...a couple hours, haha. I just got my first uke ever in the mail today. It's an Oscar Schmidt OU-2. What body size/type would that be considered?

Anyhoo, I wrote and recorded a little tune to see how it sounds recorded. Tell me what you think!

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/deii/Test

Hiya. I've been playing uke for about...a couple hours, haha. I just got my first uke ever in the mail today. It's an Oscar Schmidt OU-2. What body size/type would that be considered?

Anyhoo, I wrote and recorded a little tune to see how it sounds recorded. Tell me what you think!

great sounding song Daniel! and i somehow think you're being a little less than truthful when you say you've only been playing uke for a few hours.:rolleyes:

Haha, thanks! And no, seriously that recording was from a few hours! I've played guitar for over 6 years including nylon string classical style-which many of the techniques (like the Rasgueado roll technique) translate to ukulele very easily! Plus I'm very well educated in music theory so all I had to do was tune it up and voice out some chords! :music:

Last edited:
I ordered a friend of mine an OU2 actually from musiciansfriend. Great deal if you ask me. 59.99. Sounds great too! Did you anyhow change the strings or did you keep the ones it came with?

Nope, everything is stock and also from musiciansfriend. :cool:

Nice job on the song... sounds great... especially for someone who has been playing for a few hours, regardless of how much experience they have that is applicable to the ukulele... I'm looking forward to hearing what else you come up with.

Top Bottom