Koi Artwork on a Flea (Project)

This may not be an appropriate comment, but speaking as a parent who put his kids through college, I hope no tuition dollars are going to doodling time. Pay attention in class! :D

ROTFL!!! No truer words were ever written!

This is so completely fantastic. I love it. I agree with what everyone keeps saying though.... I totally wouldn't trust myself with a sharpie on my uke. You obviously have no reason to fear though! Pro doodler! :)

-Stephanie (aka, youtubes seaton6017)

Nice job... looks great, although I think it looks more like a Siamese fighting fish than a koi :)

Nice job Paul... the Krylon worked out fine then? Not rubbing off when you play?

Been playing it all afternoon and night and no sign of wear on the finish. It feel really nice :)

I think I might buy a new Fluke Tenor with the purpose of drawing on it. Maybe a hibiscus design next time...

You can get the unfinished tops for 8 bucks a pop plus shipping from Fluke. Although it didn't look like you had any issues covering it up.

I'm too lazy and unskilled to tape it up. I just want to paint the wood and then let them put it on the body.

Do that to a lava flea and you'd have a fish fry. Invite Eric Estrada and you can have Fish & Chips.

Actually, I have thought of putting a thin coat of ivory colored paint on it, then lightly scratching a scrimshaw pattern down to the lava underneath. It worked in elementary school when we used to do it with crayons. I'm not brave enough to try the Flea yet.

Awesome job Paul.

Last edited:
Hey! I saw you're selling this on Flea Market Music :D It turned out nice!

Cheers!

Top Bottom