Hello from Northeast PA

markfavata

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been playing ukulele for about a year now. I've been playing a cheapo Hilo soprano that I bought at the local Guitar Center on and off, but have really gotten into it over the past few months. I recently upgraded to aquila strings, and am very happy with the choice. Intonation and overall tone was vastly improved. Just moments ago I bought myself a Makala MK-C from MGM on ebay. I can't wait to play that for a few months and then purchase a tenor!

-Mark

Awesome choice of uke and where in PA are you? I'm going to school in State college but I'm always around the Wilkes Barre/ Scranton area

I live right outside of Wilkes-Barre, in Forty Fort. Its right across the river.

LOL that's hilarious. You are about 15 mins away from me, Im down in Lehman right now. Pm me if you want to meet up or something, I'm here until sunday.

Welcome to the Underground Mark!

Scranton? As in "The Office" Scranton? "Dunder Mifflin"?

Welcome to UU.

I spent a few weeks in Manheim way back in the summer of '67 I believe.
Learned to love A&W Root Beer after working hard on a hot day. Wow,
the frosty mug did it for me.

I almost picked up a 'Pennsylvania Dutch' accent while i was there. And
that from a local boy from Honolulu!!! Go figure.

Anyway, welcome!

Yeah, that Scranton. I used to tell people that I knew everyone from the Office until everyone figured out it wasn't really filmed here. Oh well.

bongofury - where did you grow up in the poconos?

from dah burgh here! born and raised right outside of pittsburgh. ill be here until the summer and my family is moviing from lawrence county down to kentucky. pm me if you guys want to meet up and jam!

I grew up just about 25 minutes down Route 115....in Pocono Lake. But I spent more time in Wilkes Barre than I ever did there.

Welcome to the UU!

Top Bottom