Magic Fluke Factory Tour

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
I don't know why I expected the manufacture of Flukes and Fleas to be allot more automated on a modern assembly line so when I came across this video on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the shop they were made as well as all the handwork that goes into making these. Please excuse me if posted before but a first time for me.
Check it out. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKFID7KXKA&feature=related

I hope to tour that place some time soon with my wife...

Take the Tour

I live in the area.
Lovely people. Take it if you can.

Wow I want to go there, I had imagined a much larger factory.

thanks for posting the video

zoe

I love my Flea... it was really awesome seeing were she was born. Thank you!

I had always presumed they used Oompa-loompahs or maybe elves.

Now, Now Mike...can't expect them to give up ALL their trade secrets! (personally, I DID think they were made in a hollow tree by unemployed keebler elves!) Now...with all that Mom & Pop glue and screw together parts....errrm...why are they so darned expensive??:uhoh:

Last edited:
Doesn't look as if they are really set up for tours.

That made me want my Flea back.

ANyone selling a Flea with rosewood and K & K pickup?

Last edited:
I just showed up to play some of the seconds they have set up in their window and they gave me a tour too! It was awesome and they are wonderful people.

That was fascinating - thanks for posting! I've dealt with the people at the Magic Fluke company via email, and they have always been wonderfully helpful. It's neat to see what a down-to-earth operation they are running. I've already got a Flea and a Fluke, but I am always fighting the temptation to get another one!

That was fascinating - thanks for posting! I've dealt with the people at the Magic Fluke company via email, and they have always been wonderfully helpful. It's neat to see what a down-to-earth operation they are running. I've already got a Flea and a Fluke, but I am always fighting the temptation to get another one!

At this point, basically planning on getting another Flea...hands down one of the best instrument values (never mind just ukulele) I've encountered in a long time.

This video was amazing. Like some of the other posters, I assumed these were done in gigantic factories. I find it so charming that they are assembled in a small mom and pop style place. I have to say I have really become one of those Fluke zealots.

This video was amazing. Like some of the other posters, I assumed these were done in gigantic factories. I find it so charming that they are assembled in a small mom and pop style place. I have to say I have really become one of those Fluke zealots.

Don't fight it...

I noticed the Maccaferri Islander plastic Soprano and Baritone ukuleles and the Maccaferri plastic guitar on the wall over the finished ukes waiting to be packed for shipping. I have both the Soprano and Baritone Islanders and they are really good sounding cool old instruments (early '50s). Now I want a Flea even more than I already did!

Top Bottom