Which movies made you cry?

There was a late 90's remake of Black Beauty - where this time they actually stuck close to the book and told it from the point of view of the horse, just like the book. Some chapters were omitted (like Ginger's Story), but that's because if you saw those played out you'd slit your wrists.

Why it makes me cry isn't because it's really accurate as to how you should treat animals, it's because it makes you stop, think, and question how we do it, and that always leads to better understanding and better methods.

But there's more. See, this horse I sometimes mention, she was like my best friend, and I sold her out to move here. Oh sure the woman promised she'd never be sold, but a horse's place in the family is always tenuous. It's a personal nightmare of mine that she ends up like Black Beauty did, but without me there to rescue her.

It's not so irrational, considering that was the state I found her in when I bought her as a yearling, skin and bone. Is she still alive? Doing the math, if she's been well looked-after, she should be.

Also horse-related, when Gandalf whistales for Shadowfax, who appears with attitude - that makes me tear up a bit because that's how she rolled as well.

At the end of The Iron Giant when the giant is leaving to intercept the missile, and Hogarth says "I love you". I don't cry, but it gets me every time I watch it, even if I'm listening to the commentary track.

POKEMON the first movie, i dont remember the name, had mewtwo, god when pikachu was turned to stone i frickin bawled my eyes out, with the "im a man, im not crying" look and everything, followed by an immediate "bathroom" aka go wipe the tears from my eyes break.

The truman show
+ The shawshank redemption
+ Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
+ Gattaca

= Endless tears....

.........oh I forgot Dragon's heart

Last edited:
hmm... i dont cry on real films
only on some animes.... like Chrono Crusade or Green Green.... the last episodes :(

Rocky Balboa (Which I often call Rocky V. THERE WAS NO ROCKY V.)
The Snowman
Be Kind Rewind

I may or may not also cry at the end of a chick-flick or two. But let's not discuss that :p

PS. I love you. Anyone seen that one? I cried the whole way through it. And I don't normally cry in movies, but that one was so sad! Every time she got a letter, I'd start crying again.

Cute 14twelve!!!!...I dont know why....but I dont like it!! at all!!!! and Im a chick flick lover!!! lol!!!

We don't watch many movies (and haven't been to a movie in a theater since LOTR—the 1st one), but the last one I can remember crying during, was "50 First Dates."

I love the soundtrack for that movie.

Hmmm... the scene in The Wedding Singer when he sings to Drew Barrymore on the plane always brings a tear to my eye. Not totally related, but I find I get more emotional reading books than I do when watching movies.

definetely ghost, a walk to remember, and the notebook! =)

My Girl. But now that I think about it, why would you kick a beehive if you're allergic to bees??

Top Bottom