Best ukulele names

Excuse me friends, I need to pick up Patrice and Penny, turn Gertrude on and boil a cup of tea and perch myself down on Thomas. Thereafter I need to take Olive to the shops to buy some groceries and do a load of washing in Mabel, hang out the clothes on Harriet and vacuum Florence. Oh, did I mention the appointment with my Pshychiatrist? :p

My aunt had a Fiat named "Olive" because that was what was on the key tag when she bought the car, so she actually did "take Olive to the shops".

There's always someone who has to piss on everything when other people are just having fun. Is that why you're in therapy?

My aunt had a Fiat named "Olive" because that was what was on the key tag when she bought the car, so she actually did "take Olive to the shops".

There's always someone who has to piss on everything when other people are just having fun. Is that why you're in therapy?

First line, hilarious. Second line... pretty hardcore. I was having fun too. Merely was I expressing an opinion in a silly way, I'm sorry your thin skin isn't able to accommodate someone who thinks naming instruments is nutty. I'm plenty nutty, yes, and no, that is not the reason for me seeing a pshychiatrist, it's a whole other story thanks for asking with such concern. Cheers.

It would have been somewhat funny if you had just left out the insinuation that someone who names "things" is crazy and needs therapy. That's nothing but mean spirited and completely unnecessary. I notice that when turned around on you, YOU got all butt hurt, so how thin is YOUR skin? I hate bullies so I call them on their s** now, that's all.

People don't usually mind a smart ass if they aren't hateful or condescending. The title of this thread is "best ukulele names" not "let's make fun of people who name their ukuleles because we think it's nuts". Go start your own thread for that. Maybe go to a meeting too.

BTW there was a study some years back that showed that people who named their cars took better care of them. So people who name things are probably overall more creative, more conscientious, and less rigid than people who don't.

Last edited:
It would have been somewhat funny if you had just left out the insinuation that someone who names "things" is crazy and needs therapy. That's nothing but mean spirited and completely unnecessary. I notice that when turned around on you, YOU got all butt hurt, so how thin is YOUR skin? I hate bullies so I call them on their s** now, that's all.

People don't usually mind a smart ass if they aren't hateful or condescending. The title of this thread is "best ukulele names" not "let's make fun of people who name their ukuleles because we think it's nuts". Go start your own thread for that. Maybe go to a meeting too.

BTW there was a study some years back that showed that people who named their cars took better care of them. So people who name things are probably overall more creative, more conscientious, and less rigid than people who don't.
I have nothing to say to you except it is entirely your doing this thread has now ceased to be fun. I agree with your signature.

Ouch !! Teek, buddy.

Lighten up a bit , that last point is a bit close to the mark . Some people name stuff , others don't . Blimey it ain't worth falling out over.:cheers:

......hang on this is me talking ...must be mellowing ...or going off a bit *sniff,sniff* oh yus ...going off a bit ...

To help nudge things back on a happy track, I haven't named my other ukes, but my new Blackbird Clara has been named Cal. Because it can't be a Clara - all my "stuff" is masculine for some reason. I was going to rearrange the letters into Caarl, but after playing him, he isn't a Caarl. He is a Cal. Which is fine, since he was produced in California.

Sometimes tone can not be interpreted in writing. I have read and re-read Hippie Dribble's comments and did not find them hateful, mean spirited nor bullying at all. His comment was in line with levity and fun ...

I would like suggest we refrain from personal attacks. This forum is for opinions in proper decorum, and while I am not a moderator I did not interpret anything in appropriate.

(sorry Jenny as a victim of a Troll today and being bashed relentlessly ... I had to say something)

Every uke name thread always has someone who has to do that "name all the inanimate objects in the house" shtick. Everyone else who doesn't feel their uke needs a name just said "I don't name my ukes". I suppose people shouldn't name their boats then too, just use numbers and letters like planes. Guys definitely shouldn't name their dicks either.

I looked at some of your other posts and you seem like a nice guy, so my apologies if I hurt your feelings. I actually mean that, while you in your obvious sarcasm, did not. Maybe if you want to poke fun, and in the process suggest people are "nuts" for some innocuous thing that hurts no one, you can leave out the insinuation they need psychiatric help for that in the future.

Last edited:
Every uke name thread always has some smartass who has to do that "name all the inanimate objects in the house" shtick and it's stupid. Everyone else who doesn't feel their uke needs a name just said "I don't name my ukes". Which is fine. So don't blame me for what you started.

I looked at some of your other posts and you seem like a nice guy for the most part, so my apologies if I hurt your feelings. I actually mean that, while you in your obvious sarcasm, did not. Maybe if you want to poke fun, and in the process suggest people are "nuts" for some innocuous thing that hurts no one, you can think again.

hi i don't care thanks.jpg

Pono
Kala
ko'olau
Eddie Fin
moku
gretsch
Kamaka
etc....

It's so rare that I see some contention here that it's kind of a novelty. Human nature:rulez:

Last edited:
Top Bottom