Song Help Request Where is my mind - Pixies

Phil Major

Reaction score
I came across this vid and decided to learn to play it myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJduXGCM7U4

Then I looked up the guitar chords thinking that I could just play the ukulele version of them. The Chords repreat this same pattern over and over (the chords I found): E(4442) C#m(1444) G#(1343) A(2100). These dont appear to be the same chords the fella in the video is playing.

I was wondering if anyone else plays this song and what chords you use? Am I on the right track? It doesn't really sound right to me though. E is tricky but I play it, for C#m and G# I dont fret the G string, to make it easier.

I've not figured out songs before, I can only play songs from lessons where I get it all broken down for me pretty much. Any advice would be appreciated.

The dude is just playing it in F, rather than E.

His chords are:

| F - - - | Dm - - - | A - - - | Bb - - - |

Thanks Seeso... I'll give that a whirl. I'm just starting to venture out there to figure out songs... hopefully I will have a small repetoir in short time.

I played a version of this in a band for a while...

I worked off of this tab for that which is pretty good and then matched it to the record.

Your original chord progression is just about right, but I think where it sounds weird is the transition from the G# to the A. Try just shifting the G# chord shape up one fret for that A rather than taking it back down for the open chord. It's that half step modulation up that's kind of key to it sounding correct.

Hello, friends!

So I one were to play this as a duet, what would the distorted riff be? My buddy's learning this song and is using the F Dm Am Bb progression... I'm pretty musically inept, myself, and we can't figure it out :)

Hello, friends!

So I one were to play this as a duet, what would the distorted riff be? My buddy's learning this song and is using the F Dm Am Bb progression... I'm pretty musically inept, myself, and we can't figure it out :)

If you're playing it in F, you should be playing an A major chord, not an Am.

The riff would be:

303bott.gif

He's playing it in the original key of E.

| E - - - | C#m - - - | G# - - - | A - - - |

OMGG SEESO :eek:

im a massive fan of your music, mostly through the youtubes.

you ARE the one that inspired me to play the ukulele. :D (your cover of under the bridge)

i can play the intro to it now! :music:

you are amazing.

aj. :D x

Top Bottom