Artwork on a Pimped-Out Guitalele (Yamaha GL-1)

psesinkclee

Reaction score
So I got a Guitalele after Grumpy poste his review of it an the german ebay site he bought it through. It was about 125$ or so, shipping included, so I'm now set with my travel guitar.

Sooooo, I got bored one day while procrastinating doing my homework and borrowed some sharpies from my neighbors and went nuts. The vine wraps from across the side, top, back, and all over with flowers along it. The top has a bee, a catepillar on the soundhole loop, and a lightning bug. The back has a catepillar and a butterfly, and there are some ants on the side. After the markers, I clear coarted it with Satin Clear Krylon spray.

Drew some curly bits on the headstock as well as new fretmarkers from inlaysticker.com and stuck some extra ones on the heastock and bridge for flair :p

IMGP4893.jpg

IMGP4901.jpg

IMGP4898.jpg

Shhhhweeeeet! I really like that and it is very personal...nice job!

That's amazing! Ever considered uke-doodling as a career?

I like it, but would never attempt anything ilke it on mine, for fear of making an irreversible mistake. You have guts.

Fantastic. I think you could have a sideline of uke embellishing, easily. It was you who sharpied a fish on your flea, following up with Krylon, yes?
You do nice work.

Two words: Chick Magnet. ;)

Fantastic. I think you could have a sideline of uke embellishing, easily. It was you who sharpied a fish on your flea, following up with Krylon, yes?
You do nice work.

Thanks! Yeah, thats mine :)

That's beautiful! You're definitely going to get some attention when you pull that thing out to play! :D

Wow, that looks great.
I've been thinking of doing something like this with a cheap classical guitar I have lying around, I just can't think of anything worth writing/drawing on it.

Nice. Now if it ever gets a string buzz, you'll know where it is coming from. :)

Zing!

I'm not gonna lie -- when I first read "Sharpie" in combination with "ukulele" and/or "guitalele", my heart leapt in my throat. But then I was like, "wait, this would just make it more personalized, and besides, it's a uke, not a 14th century museum piece". So, with that mentality set aside, that looks flippin' sweet.

Top Bottom