Where to buy Lanikai LU-21T

calviinh

Reaction score
Looking to buy my first ukulele, I'm planning to buy it from SamAsh but the picture doesn't seem like it has the aquila strings on it.
Reason why i'm buying it from SamAsh is because its $99.99 and its close by and convenient. Only thing is they don't have it in store and have to special order it.
http://www.samash.com/p/LU21T Tenor Ukulele_-49956515
or would anyone recommend me buying from musician's friend which come with the aquila strings? (115 w/ free shipping)

I'm also open to suggestions for a different ukulele, I'm in no rush and I'm patient. My budget is about $100 US.
Thanks.

Last edited:
You might want to look at Music Guy Mikes store. His ukuleles come adjusted properly(it's important) and set up with Aquilas. Check out the ukulele reviews section on this site, too. Lots of info.
I'm new to uke, ended up with a Kala lacewood/spruce tenor package from MGM. 1000 % satisfied so far.
Good Luck!

I'm looking for a lanikai.
Which kala did you get? could you provide a link?

You might want to look at Music Guy Mikes store. His ukuleles come adjusted properly(it's important) and set up with Aquilas. Check out the ukulele reviews section on this site, too. Lots of info.
I'm new to uke, ended up with a Kala lacewood/spruce tenor package from MGM. 1000 % satisfied so far.
Good Luck!

I definetly second the recomendation for MGM, the set up is critical especially on these lower end ukes. I know MGM has the Kala KA-T, which is the equivalent of the LU-21T, or the Makala MK-T which is a bit more plain looking, in a starter pack with Aquilas and a case for slightly over $100. Check out his store on eBay, you can't go wrong with his service. I've bought several ukes from him and am very pleased with all.

Check out the new thread about "Lanikais out of the box".Just some food for thought...

Musicians Friend is a fine company. Never had a problem with 'em. I did a quick search of other Lanikai dealers and all the ones I looked at were selling the LU21T with GHS strings. Ebay seller Ukulele4U used to have lots of the Lanikai brand and I would have recommended him, but I see his ebay store is quite sparse. Maybe send him an email and ask if he has a Tenor that he'd string up for you...

http://myworld.ebay.com/ukulele4u

The Makala MK-T was my first uke, and I am very happy with it!

As others have suggested, buying from MGM would be a good idea.

Top Bottom